Yup, I did it again! I couldn’t resist making yet another low carb pumpkin recipe. Can you blame me though? I mean really who does not love pumpkins?
Oh I guess there is that rare soul out there, but we forgive you. Honestly, there is just something about this time of year that makes me want to make as much pumpkin goodness as possible. Am I the only one who feels this way?
Eating low carb means I have to get a little creative when it comes to making this season’s favorite treats. I don’t want to eat something that will kick me our of ketosis. When I started out to create this recipe I wanted the pumpkin and spices pronounced, so that’s why you will notice I added a good dose of pumpkin spice. If you’re not that much of a fan, by all means lower the amount. Although, I have no idea why you would ever want to tinker with this recipe.
The only thing instead of whipped cream that these delights can use is a low carb cream cheese frosting. So I went ahead and added my recipe for this too just to make your grin larger.
Please share with me if you too love all things pumpkin. Not a fan? Well, please try to make the rest of us understand.
Low Carb Pumpkin Cream Cheese Cupcakes
Serving Size 1 cupcake
10 minPrep Time
30 minCook Time
40 minTotal Time
- 12 oz cream cheese, softened (1 ½ packages)
- 8 eggs
- 2 cups of sugar substitute (I used swerve)
- 1 ½ cups of golden flax meal
- 15 oz can pumpkin puree
- 3 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp of baking powder
- ¼ tsp of salt
- ¼ tsp lemon extract (can substitute for vanilla)
- 8 ounce package of softened cream cheese
- 1/2 stick (1/4 cup)of unsalted butter softened
- 1 cup of heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup of sugar substitute
- Beat the cream cheese and butter until light and fluffy in a stand-up mixer.
- Next add the heavy whipping cream and beat until fully combined.
- Add the sugar substitute one tablespoon at a time gently mixing so as to not lose too much volume.
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line two 12 muffin tin pans with muffin liners.
- Beat the cream cheese in a large electric mixture.
- Add the 8 eggs one at a time, combining well after each addition.
- Next add the rest of the ingredients until fully combined. Note that the batter will be thick, this is normal.
Looking for proven ways to stay committed to a low carb keto plan? Look no more! Allow me to introduce to you Keto//OS the first therapeutic ketone supplement that allows you to drink your ketones and put you into ketosis in under 59 minutes. You can now stay the course longterm with this amazing supplement. To be able to have ketosis on demand is simply a game-changer. I invite you to read more about the success we are seeing in our community group here.
Feel free to reach out to us for questions. We are here to support you.