It’s hard to ignore that some people seem blessed with a fast metabolism, while others complain they can’t look at food without gaining. However, can we do something to remedy this? Is it possible to speed up our metabolism and even become one of those fortunate people?
Thankfully, there are plenty of studies that give us reason to believe that it’s possible..
Here Are 10 Things You Can Do To Speed Things Up
- Add spice to your life! By adding all forms of capsaicin, hot peppers you help raise your body temperature. Not only does it raise your metabolic rate, but some studies indicate that spicy foods acts as a temporary appetite suppressant. Other heat-producing spices like ginger, cinnamon, and turmeric prove similar results.
- Build those muscles! After a session of body building your metabolism gets ramped up. When you have more muscles you have a higher resting metabolic rate compared to those who do not.
- Eat more protein! By including more protein into your diet you assist your body in building those metabolism boosting muscles.
- Drink up! Our bodies need water to process calories. If we are even slightly dehydrated we will slow down our metabolism.
- Work out! Aerobic exercise is key to fueling our metabolism. The key is to do high intensity workouts and they need not even be for very long.
- Get some rays. Exposure to light in the morning may help keep you slim, suggests research from Northwestern University.
- Stay on your feet! Young adults who did work while sitting versus standing burned more calories, shows a 2012 study in the Journal of Physical Activity & Health.
- Energy Drinks? You would do well to replace these with plenty of green tea and black coffee in moderation. Most energy drinks are loaded with chemicals and excessive amounts of caffeine and sweeteners. Some can even cause issues with blood pressure, anxiety and insomnia.
- Let laughter be a regular part of your day. Laughing as few as 10 minutes of can help you burn 10 to 20% more calories.
- Check those carbs! By cutting back on empty carbs you change your body from burning sugar as fuel to burning fat. Look into a ketogenic, low carb plan to help speed up your metabolism and lose the extra weight that is hindering your health.