Today, I have one of my beautiful friends, Merilyn Clay sharing her Low Carb LCHF Herb Cauliflower Rice recipe. It’s been adapted from Delicious obsessions Merilyn belongs to our Fittoserve group and has lost over 20 pounds. The journey to go low-carb has not been too difficult for her. However, we all have something we miss from our high carb days. As a Costa Rica native, rice is a staple food that is often served at breakfast. The idea of saying goodbye to rice was not something she thought she could do. Thankfully, this recipe helped her stay the course. We are extremely proud of Marilyn and how she inspires others with her journey.
Garlic Herb Lime Cauliflower Rice
- 1 head of cauliflower
- ½ cup chopped cilantro
- ½ cup chopped parsley
- 5-10 garlic cloves
- Juice of 1 lime
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons of coconut oil for sautéing
- Finely dice the garlic cloves and herbs. (set the herbs aside)
- Remove the core steam of the cauliflower and break into smaller chunks. I
- n a food processor or box grater. Process or grate the cauliflower until it’s the size of rice.
- Then heat a couple of tablespoons of coconut oil in a large sauté pan.
- Cook the garlic cloves until very light brown, add the cauli-rice and stir until coated with the oil.
- You may need to add more oil to make sure the cauli-rice is coated well.
- Next place a lid on the pan and cook for 5-7 minutes.
- Add the herbs, and cover the pan again.
- Cook for another 2 to 3 minutes.
- Lastly, add salt and pepper to taste and toss the juice of a lime.
- Store leftovers in the fridge. Enjoy hot or cold!
Looking for proven ways to stay committed to a low carb keto plan? Look no more! Allow me to introduce to you Keto//OS the first therapeutic ketone supplement that allows you to drink your ketones and put you into ketosis in under 59 minutes. You can now stay the course longterm with this amazing supplement. To be able to have ketosis on demand is simply a game-changer. I invite you to read more about the success we are seeing in our community group here.