Need an easy and delicious treat? My Low Carb Coconut Macaroons will fit the bill nicely. I am so confident in these simple treats, that I believe even a novice can make them. Do you know that for years I avoided any recipe that had a meringue component? I don’t know why I was so afraid of something as simple as beating egg whites. It was my daughter, Michelle that finally got me over this irrational fear. Silly huh? The only thing to keep in mind for perfect meringue is to make sure no egg yolks get mixed in with the whites. It’s the protein in the yolks that can prevent them from rising. After cracking thousands of eggs, I think I have that covered.
I love serving these to friends and family who are not eating low carb keto plan, it’s a great way to introduce to a treat they can make easily.
Low Carb Macaroons
- 2 large egg whites
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/2 cup sugar substitute (I use swerve)
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 1/4 cups grated unsweetened coconut
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Beat the egg whites and cream of tartar in a large bowl until stiff peaks form. Once the peaks form, add the sugar substitute. Fold in the grated coconut and almond extract.
- Drop by teaspoonful onto parchment paper covered cookie sheet.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until lightly brown. Allow to cool. Makes about 36 macaroons.
Have you been struggling to get into ketosis? Has it been a challenge to stay on a low carb diet? Allow us to introduce you to Keto/OS an exogenous ketone. Keto/OS is a state of the art supplement that raises blood ketones allowing you to get into therapeutic ketosis easier. Pick up your Keto/OS here Affiliate Link