Needing an easy and delicious treat? These low carb macaroons fit the bill nicely. In fact they will be part of my Christmas cookie collection. Before eating low carb I would make upwards of seven different types of cookies. Well this year they will be low carb.
I love serving these to friends and family who are not eating low carb keto plan, it’s a great way to introduce them to this way of eating.
If you are trying to keep your waist in check this Holiday Season, consider swapping some of those sugar loaded recipes for a healthier option. Your body will thank you come January.
Low Carb Macaroons
- 2 large egg whites
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/2 cup sugar substitute (I use swerve)
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 1/4 cups grated unsweetened coconut
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Beat the egg whites and cream of tartar in a large bowl until stiff peaks form. Once the peaks form, add the sugar substitute. Fold in the grated coconut and almond extract.
- Drop by teaspoonful onto parchment paper covered cookie sheet.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until lightly brown. Allow to cool. Makes about 36 macaroons.
Have you been struggling to get into ketosis? Has it been a challenge to stay on a low carb diet? Allow us to introduce you to Keto/OS an exogenous ketone. Keto/OS is a state of the art supplement that raises blood ketones allowing you to get into therapeutic ketosis easier. Pick up your Keto/OS here Affiliate Link