Low carb cream cheese mocha shortbread cookies! Wow, that’s a mouthful, a delicious mouthful actually. When I started to experiment with this recipe I was looking to recreate the buttery shortbread cookies I used to enjoy with my coffee or tea before I made keto eating a lifestyle. Since I was in a creative mood, I thought why not add a little mocha flavor to the mix? You’ll learn quickly that I thoroughly enjoy coming up with new recipes and that I’m not afraid to try new flavor profiles.
I personally love the combination of coffee and chocolate and this cookie really delivered. If you have been doing the keto lifestyle and you want to add a delicious and simple recipe, give this cookie a try.
Low Carb Cream Cheese Mocha Shortbread Cookies
- ¾ cup of coconut flour
- 1 cup of almond flour
- ¼ tsp of salt
- 2 sticks of unsalted softened butter
- 4 ounces of cream cheese
- 1 cup of sugar substitute (I used Swerve)
- ½ teaspoon of baking powder
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- 2 tsp of instant espresso
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a bowl, mix together the flour, salt and walnuts.
- In an electric mixer, beat the butter, cream cheese and sugar substitutes on medium for a few minutes, until light yellow and fluffy. Add the vanilla and continue to mix, scraping down the sides of the bowl with a spatula if needed. Reduce the mixer speed to low and add the coconut and almond flour mixture. Allow to mix for a few seconds until well combined. Stir in by hand with a rubber spatula the instant coffee and mocha powder until just combined.
- Refrigerate the dough for 1 hour then scoop out rounded teaspoon-sized pieces of dough and roll them into balls. Place on a parchment-lined baking sheet about an inch apart, and gently press down on each cookie with your fingers to flatten slightly.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes, until lightly brown around the edges. Transfer to a wire rack and let cool.
Looking for proven ways to stay committed to a low carb keto plan? Look no more! Allow me to introduce to you Keto//OS the first therapeutic ketone supplement that allows you to drink your ketones and put you into ketosis in under 59 minutes. You can now stay the course longterm with this amazing supplement. To be able to have ketosis on demand is simply a game-changer. I invite you to read more about the success we are seeing in our community group here.