The very first time I shared my Low Carb Jalapeño Bacon Cheese bread was at a church picnic and it disappeared rather quickly. Based on the fact that nothing but the crumbs stayed behind, I think it’s safe to say it was a winner. I love that in our church we have a growing group of congregants who are embracing the low carb way of eating because of our community group FITTOSERVE.
People at WOF are well aware of the benefits of a low carb keto plan and certainly are more conscious about what they choose to eat because of our group. It’s an exciting thing to see the lives of people transform before your eyes. Not only are they growing spiritually, but they understand the value of taking care of their temples.
When ever our church does a function that involves food, I always like to make sure that there are healthy options available. It’s an easy way to avoid temptation and it’s my way of demonstrating that this way of eating is very doable. You always get the curious looks from those who don’t necessarily eat this way and inevitably they want to try the low carb food options we provide. This Low Carb Jalapeño Bacon Cheese Bread can pass for regular bread any day. I think that’s why it’s such a favorite with our FITTOSERVE community group.
If eating low carb has left you desiring some bread, this recipe might be exactly what you need. Give our Low Carb Jalapeño Bacon Cheese Bread a try!
This recipe is made with flax meal and coconut flour so it’s a great low carb option for those who cannot eat nuts.
Low Carb Jalapeño Bacon Cheese Bread
Serving Size 1 slice
15 minPrep Time
50 minCook Time
1 hr, 5 Total Time
- 1 cups flaxseed meal
- ¾ cup of coconut flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper
- 2 tablespoon sugar substitute
- 1/3 cup diced pickled jalapeno
- 2 tablespoons of jalapeño pickle juice
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 4 whole eggs
- 3 cups mild cheddar cheese (reserve 1/2 cup to add to the top)
- 3 tablespoon of grated parmesan cheese
- 1 ¼ cup of almond or coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons of rendered bacon grease or melted butter
- 3 slices of bacon fully cooked and crumbled (reserve one slice to add to the top)
- Pre-heat oven 375 degrees
- In a large bowl combine cream cheese and eggs until fully combined.
- Add the jalapeño, 2 slices bacon and 2 cups of cheese. Stir to combine until fully mixed.
- In another bowl, combine the flours, parmesan cheese, baking powder, salt and sugar substitute. Mix until fully incorporated but do not over mix.
- Next add the cream cheese egg mixture, 2 tablespoons bacon fat and coconut or almond milk, mix until just combined.
- Pour mixture into a greased 9 inch springform pan or cast iron skillet.
- Top the bread with the reminder cup of cheddar and and bacon slices.
- Bake in a 375 degree oven for 50 to 60 minutes, or until top is lightly browned and a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and place on a wire rack, cool for at least 15 minutes
Looking for proven ways to stay committed to a low carb keto plan? Look no more! Allow me to introduce to you Keto//OS the first therapeutic ketone supplement that allows you to drink your ketones and put you into ketosis in under 59 minutes. You can now stay the course longterm with this amazing supplement. To be able to have ketosis on demand is simply a game-changer. I invite you to read more about the success we are seeing in our community group here.
Watch this short explainer video to see how it works.