It’s that time of year when we pledge to make changes in our life. However, how many of us can admit that we didn’t accomplished everything on last year’s list? The truth is too many times the changes we are hoping for are unrealistic, which sets us up to fail from the get go. So how do we avoid making last year’s mistake! For one vow to do your homework. For example, if your planning to change your eating habits, learn all you can about your new plan before you embark. Don’t wait till the day of to frantically try to gather all your information.
I thought I would share ten resolutions that will change your life and bring you greater health in 2015. Aim to be stronger physically, mentally and spiritually in the New Year!
10 Life Changing New Year’s Resolutions
- Ditch the sweets. Cut out the sugar from your diet and see your health soar.
- Drink at least 8 glasses of water per day. Find a fun water bottle to help you remember.
- Resolve to not hit the drive-thru establishments. Make it a point to cook more, start by planning your meals for the week
- Volunteer a couple of hours every month at a non-for profit of your choice. Take the focus off your problems and be the answer to someone’s prayer.
- Make it a point to read more books this year. Make a list of must reads and start exploring.
- Start journaling your prayers, at the end of the year you will see a tangible list of prayers answered.
- Make a family budget and find creative ways to save for the future.
- Include more vegetables in your diet. Be willing to try new ones with interesting recipes.
- Exercise at least five days a week for at least 30 minutes. Make no more excuses.
- Make new friends, expand your world by including more new people to enrich your life.