Ok, I am in love with this particular recipe. I am always having fun experimenting in my kitchen trying to come up with yet another low carb wonder. If your not a baker, you just may not understand why I am so thrilled. You see when you are baking with regular sugars and flours baking is truly a piece of cake, pun intended. I know I could hear all the screams now from all the non-bakers. But frankly, it’s just so much easier to make the junkie stuff, so not fair.
Nevertheless, this way of baking and eating is now the path we choose for better health. However, it can get a little pricy with the cost of almond flour being as high as it is. So if a recipe flops it’s a major disappointment. This means that I really have to trust what I have learned and just go for it when creating a new recipe. Thankfully, there hasn’t been too many of those. This recipe is a homerun in my book.
Not sure if it’s because the almond and sesame butter is made fresh, or the lovely combination of both flavors, all I know is that I am very pleased with the results.
Low Carb Almond Sesame Butter Cookies
- 1 cup of homemade almond/sesame seed butter or 1/2 cup of almond butter and 1/2 cup of sesame seed butter (sugar-free)
- 1 stick of unsalted melted butter
- 1 cup of swerve or other sugar substitute
- 1 egg
- 1 cup of almond flour
- 1 tablespoon of coconut flour
- 1 tsp of baking powder
- ½ teaspoon of sea salt
- In a mixer add the melted butter, almond and sesame butter beat until well combined.
- Add one egg and continue to mix well.
- Next add the almond, coconut flours, baking powder and salt until fully combined.
- Allow the mixture to cool in the refrigerator for ½ hour before forming ½ inch balls.
- Press the cookies with a fork unto the parchment paper.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes or until lightly brown around the edges. Enjoy!
Looking for proven ways to stay committed to a low carb keto plan? Look no more! Allow me to introduce to you Keto//OS the first therapeutic ketone supplement that allows you to drink your ketones and put you into ketosis in under 59 minutes. You can now stay the course longterm with this amazing supplement. To be able to have ketosis on demand is simply a game-changer. I invite you to read more about the success we are seeing in our community group here.
Feel free to reach out to us with your questions. We are here to support you.