This past Saturday Fittoserve and fit2eat our boutique low carb bakery helped support Heartbeat of Miami Pregnancy Help Medical Clinics by being a sponsor at their annual 5k fundraiser for moms walk/run “Love Never Fails. Fit2Eat setup a booth and we sold our low carb treats with all the proceeds going to this wonderful organization. Our son and husband ran the 5K while I manned the booth.
Since 2007 Heartbeat of Miami Pregnancy Help Medical Clinics have been providing “life saving help in a life changing way” to women and couples with an unplanned or unwanted pregnancy. Our family has been blessed to support this organization since its inception and we have seen thousands of lives touched by their loving work. At Heartbeat of Miami all of their services are always free and confidential.
Their annual run/walk brought hundreds of people to show their support. It was so incredible to see entire families coming out to participate.
Today I thought I would share the chocolate cupcake recipe that was very popular at our booth. For more information on how to support this worthy cause, visit www.heartbeatofmiami.org and consider becoming a monthly donor to this non-profit organization, all donations are tax deductible.
Low Carb Dark Chocolate Sour cream Cupcakes
1 cup Dutch-processed dark unsweetened cocoa powder
(2 stick) unsalted butter, softened
2 cups of (sugar substitute)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
4 large eggs
1 ½ cup sour cream
1 cup of heavy whipping cream
2 teaspoon baking powder
¼ teaspoon salt
1 ½ cups of almond meal
½ cup coconut flour
½ cup flax meal
Ingredients Low Carb Chocolate Ganache
5 tablespoons of melted butter
1 8oz package of stevia sweetened chocolate chips
3 tablespoons of heavy whipping cream
Instructions Chocolate Ganache
Melt the butter and chocolate chips in the microwave in 30 second intervals until you can mix into a smooth batter. Next add the heavy whipping cream. Allow to set for 30 before frosting.
Instructions For Cupcakes
- Preheat the oven to 355° F
- Line cupcake pan with liners
- Mix the cocoa powder, almond flour, coconut flour, flax meal,baking powder, salt and set aside.
- In a mixer on medium-high speed beat the butter with the sugar substitute and then add the eggs one by one until well combined. Lastly add the heavy whipping cream till fully mixed.
- Add the sour cream until smooth and fully incorporated.
- Add the cocoa flour mix a little at a time to the butter, sugar substitute, egg and sour cream mix.
- The batter will be dense. Add the batter by spoonfulls to the cupcake pan.
- Bake for about 45 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean
- Cool the cupcake on a wire rack for 45 minutes before removing frosting