Do you love layered salads as much as I do? I think what draws me to this type of salad it that can be assembled ahead of time. Being able to create a salad even a day before makes them the perfect dish for a social event.
There is just something special when you bring out a huge salad bowl that is ready to be tossed. Need another reason to make? I’ll give you two; It’s easy to assemble a low carb version by adding your choice of vegetables, and it’s very cost effective when you need to feed a large crowd. In my book that’s always a win.
So the next time you’re invited to a picnic, or need to bring a dish to a party consider this easy crowd pleaser! Oh, and do try making a week’s worth in individual mason jars. They keep well and make a great low carb lunch alternative.
Low Carb Layered Salad, An Easy Crowd Pleaser!
- 1 ½ heads of iceberg lettuce
- 4 eggs, boiled
- 2 packages of bacon cooked and cut into bite size pieces
- 4 stalks of green onions, chopped
- 2 pints of cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup of chopped carrots
- 1 red onion finely chopped
- 3 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 large cucumbers chopped
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3 tablespoon white wine
- 2 tablespoon sugar substitute
- Get a large bowl, or large trifle dish. You can also make individual ones in mason jars, these keep well in the fridge up to a week as long as you don’t mix the salad till it’s time to eat.
- Chop the iceberg lettuce and put in the bowl as the first layer on the bottom of your dish.
- (lightly salt, optional) Chop the hard boiled eggs and season with salt and pepper
- Add the cucumber layer.
- Add the layer of chopped green onions.
- Add the red onion layer.
- Add the bacon pieces layer.
- Add the shredded Cheddar to cover the top.
- In a separately bowl, stir together the mayonnaise, sour cream, sugar substitute, and white wine vinegar.
- Pour the mayonnaise/sour cream mixture as the final layer.
- Refrigerate the salad until ready to serve.
Looking for proven ways to stay committed to a low carb keto plan? Look no more! Allow me to introduce to you Keto//OS the first therapeutic ketone supplement that allows you to drink your ketones and put you into ketosis in under 59 minutes. You can now stay the course longterm with this amazing supplement. To be able to have ketosis on demand is simply a game-changer. I invite you to read more about the success we are seeing in our community group here.