Creating low carb treats has become a fun pastime of mine. I am fortunate, that my family encourages me in this endeavor. The smell of yet another treat baking in the oven perfumes the house like nothing else.
It is my hope that the every day things I do for my family create wonderful memories. I still remember coming home after school to my mom’s baked cookies and it warms my heart. I believe memories like these stay with us for a long time because it comes from a place of love.
Are you creating new memories for your family you hope will stay with them? If so what are they? Take the time to live intentional, even in the busyness of your day to day schedule. Make each moment count.
It’s so easy to be caught up with what we want to do in the future that we sometimes miss the opportunity to live in the moment. So go create a moment for you and your family and bask in it.
Low Carb Mocha Swirl Pound Cake
Serving Size 1 slice of cake
10 minPrep Time
35 minCook Time
45 minTotal Time
- 3 cups of almond flour
- ¼ cup of unsweetened dark cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons of instant expresso powder
- 3 tablespoons of heavy whipping cream
- 2 sticks of softened butter
- 1 8 oz. package of cream cheese softened
- 5 eggs
- 1 tablespoon of baking powder
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- 3 cups of sugar substitute
- In a large stand up mixer beat together the butter, cream cheese and sugar substitute until light and fluffy. Add the 5 eggs one at a time, combining well after each addition.
- Then add the almond flour, baking powder and salt. Once the cake batter is well incorporated set aside and grease a large pound cake pan well.
- Pour all the batter into the pan and reserve 1 cup of the batter in the mixer.
- To the batter in the mixer add the unsweetened cocoa powder, instant expresso powder and the three tablespoons of whipping cream.
- When fully mixed add the chocolate batter on top of the cake that is in the baking pan. With a fork gently swirl the top of the cake.
- Bake for at least an hour in 350 degree oven. Allow to cool fully before slicing and serving. Makes two large loaves. 20 servings
Looking for proven ways to stay committed to a low carb keto plan? Look no more! Allow me to introduce to you Keto//OS the first therapeutic ketone supplement that allows you to drink your ketones and put you into ketosis in under 59 minutes. You can now stay the course longterm with this amazing supplement. To be able to have ketosis on demand is simply a game-changer. I invite you to read more about the success we are seeing in our community group here.
Feel free to reach out to us with your questions. We are here to support you.