Are you looking for the perfect dessert for your Holiday table? It’s the most festive time of the year and everyone wants a decadent, elegant dessert that will leave your guests impressed.
The challenge is to create something that is delicious, without it being loaded with unnecessary sugars and carbs. For our FITTOSERVE Christmas party I served my cheesecake, which I elevated by making a low carb chocolate cookie crust and topped with my homemade low carb cranberry sauce. It not only looked beautiful, but more importantly my group loved it.
You know you have a winner when it’s the first dessert to disappear from your buffet table. My mission was accomplished! I wanted the ladies to understand that it’s possible to enjoy the holidays, when create low carb versions of seasonal favorites.
This recipe makes a large cheesecake and can easily feed twenty, depending on how thin you slice it.
So this Holiday season why not serve something healthy you will be proud to serve your family and friends.
Low Carb Holiday Cheesecake
Serving Size 1 slice
A low carb festive holiday cheesecake topped with sour cream and cranberry sauce
20 minPrep Time
1 hr, 20 Cook Time
1 hr, 40 Total Time
- 24 oz softened full fat cream cheese (three 8 ounce boxes)
- 5 eggs
- 2 cups of sugar substitute
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp of salt
- 1 stick of butter
- 1 egg
- 1 cup almond flour
- ½ cup of sugar substitute
- ¼ cup of unsweetened cocoa powder
- ¼ teaspoon of salt
- 1 cup of full fat sour cream
- 2 tablespoons of sugar substitute
- 12 oz. bag of fresh raw cranberries
- 3/4 cup of sugar substitute
- 1 1/4 cup of water
- 1 whole stick of cinnamon
- 1 inch piece of raw ginger root sliced thinly
- ½ small green apple (omit for lower carbs)
- In a large stand up mixer add the cream cheese and beat till fully blended. Next add the sugar substitute of your choice and mix until to fully incorporated. Once it is well combined add the eggs one at a time, the vanilla and salt. Set aside until crust is made and baked.
- In a large stand up mixer add the butter, sugar substitute and egg until fully incorporated.
- Next add the almond four, cocoa powder and salt.
- Spread the low carb cookie crust in a cheesecake spring pan.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for 20 to 25 minutes until crust is fully cooked.
- Allow to cool.
- Once the crust is ready add the cheesecake filling.
- Bake at 350 for 1 hour and 20 minutes or until a tooth pick inserted comes out clean.
- This next step is vital.
- Allow the cheesecake to cool overnight in the refrigerator.
- Allowing the cheesecake to age will ensure the perfect consistency and develop the flavors.
- The next day add the sour cream and cranberry toppings over the cheesecake.
- Place all the ingredients into a medium saucepan.
- Bring everything to a boil for about 5 minutes and then lower to a simmer.
- You will know the sauce is ready when all the berries have popped and thickens.
- Allow to cool.
Have you been struggling to get into ketosis? Has it been a challenge to stay on a low carb diet? Allow us to introduce you to Keto/OS an exogenous ketone. Keto/OS is a state of the art supplement that raises blood ketones allowing you to get into therapeutic ketosis easier. Pick up your Keto/OS here Affiliate Link