Low Carb Brownies

low carb brownies

Low Carb brownie finally conquered!

It was about time I attempted to make a low-carb brownie! Frankly, it had become my nemesis. I wanted a good flourless brownie but I didn’t want it to me overly complicated with a bunch of ingredients I rarely used.

Now you need to understand that back when sugar was my fuel, I used to make a mean brownie.  However, as a ketone (fat) burner a regular brownie was no loner an option. I had several reasons why I ran from converting a brownie into low-carb healthy option. Mainly, I didn’t want a dry low-carb brownie, plus the thought of tossing tons of ingredients experimenting was not cool with me . All I can say is that I was super pleased with how this recipe turned out.

I knew I had a winner when our seventeen year old son said they tasted like my original recipe. You need to know Matthew to understand what a huge compliment that was and just like that I conquered the low carb brownie.

Looking back my biggest regret was not trying sooner. Baking low-carb does not have to be complicated, it just takes a little more practice.

Enjoy in good health!

Low Carb Brownies

Ingredients

1 stick of butter

6 eggs

1 cup of sugar-free chocolate chips (I used the Hershey’s brand)

1 cup of sugar substitute

2 ounces of unsweetened chocolate (roughly chopped)

¾ cup of unsweetened cocoa powder

¼ cup of coconut flour

1 teaspoon of vanilla

¼ teaspoon of baking powder

¼ teaspoon of sea salt

Directions

Pre-heat your oven 350 degrees

Melt the butter and the two ounces of unsweetened chocolate, and sugar free chocolate chips. Stir and allow to cool to room temperature. In a stand-up mixer add the now cooled chocolate mixture and beat in the six eggs one at a time into the batter. Next add the sugar substitute, unsweetened cocoa powder, coconut flour, baking powder, salt and vanilla extract. Make sure the batter is well blended, before pouring into a 12×10 well-greased baking pan.

Bake for 15 to 18 minutes. Allow to cool then cut into squares. Makes 1½ dozen brownies. 2.5 net carbs per piece.

Having trouble staying on a low carb ketogenic diet? Allow us to introduce to you Keto/OS a supplement that allows you to drink Ketones and be in ketosis It’s  helping many stay on track effortlessly. Affiliate Link

Advertisements

34 thoughts on “Low Carb Brownies

• fittoservegroup says:

I order mine from Amazon but some whole foods etc. also carry it. If you are not opposed to using Splenda this will also work. It needs to Splenda for baking. Enjoy my good friend! Love your scope this morning. 💞

• fittoservegroup says:

Hi Christian, Coconut sugar bakes well and you should be able to substitute easily. Do note that it’s still has plenty of carbs so the net carbs would not be the same. I also find it has a brown sugar taste and in fact I have been known to add a couple of tablespoons into my cookie recipes when I am looking for this flavor. Do let us know how it turns out. How about you follow our blog and never miss a post? Thanks for stopping by and commenting.

• fittoservegroup says:

Hi Stephanie, if you leave the chocolate chips you will need to up the unsweetened choc from 2 ounces to 4 and add 1/2 a cup more of sugar substitute. Let me know how it turns out. Follow our blog and never miss a post 😜

1. jeff edwards says:

Just made and turned out good, Unrelated Question_ I miss my toast in the morning with my bacon and eggs what would be a good substitute for toast bread has way to many carbs for my 20 gram a day diet

Liked by 1 person

• fittoservegroup says:

Hi Jeff, glad you enjoyed the low carb brownies. I have several recipes that can help you. Just type low carb bread in the search engine and you should get a few. One of my favorites is my low carb “corn” bread. Obviously it has no corn but it makes a great option. Enjoy in good health Jeff! Follow our blog via email and never miss a post.

• fittoservegroup says:

Hi Kristen, unfortunately I am leaving the task of finding the carb count to the readers. I have not found a simple solution to do so. I have had to make a decision to blog more frequent or add the net count to my recipes. I have chosen the to let my readers do the task. I am confident that none of my recipes. go over 6 carbs based on my constant baking. I hope this does not disappoint. If a reader takes the time to do so for me I always add it. 💞

• fittoservegroup says:

Hi Renee, you really can’t swap it out because unsweetened cocoa baking bars add a lot more richness and doing so will also make the brownie drier and you would basically change the recipe. You are always welcomed to try but I can’t guarantee the same results

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s