Fudge on a low carb plan? Yes, you read correctly! There is a place for decadent fudge on a low carb plan. What makes this a great keto fudge is the addition of full fat cream cheese. Say that five times in a row! Boy has this girl come a long way when it comes to embracing fat. It’s hard to believe that for years I shunned it to the point that my body was starving for real food.:
Raised during an era that feared fat we were urged to banish it from our diets at all cost. So we stocked our pantries full of low-fat sugar-laden items believing we were making a healthy choice. Unfortunately, our country’s health actually declined when we made this shift, mine included.
How did this happen? Well, when we went low fat we started eating more sugar, refined carbs and processed foods. In addition, we drastically reduced the healthy fats from our diet, leaving us deprived of its benefits.
Today, we have doctors like Dr. David Perlmutter from Grain Brain pointing to the lack of fat in our diets as a main reason for the rise in diseases like Alzheimer’s, anxiety, ADHD, and depression to name a few.
So you know what I think? That I am doing the world a favor by making a low carb keto fudge, ok maybe not the world but my family is certainly happier.
Low Carb Keto Fudge
Serving Size 1 piece
An easy low carb keto fudge
5 minPrep Time
25 minCook Time
30 minTotal Time
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) of butter
- 3 oz. unsweetened chocolate I used Bakers Chocolate
- 1 tablespoon Vanilla Extract
- One 8 oz. package cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar substitute I used Swerve (use powdered Swerve for a smoother texture)
- 1 cup of crushed walnuts or your favorite low carb nut (optional)
- In a microwaveable bowl melt the butter and chocolate squares for about one minute or until easy to combine.
- Add the vanilla extract, sugar substitute, softened cream cheese to the chocolate mixture and beat in a mixer until fully incorporated.
- Lastly, stir in the 1 cup of chopped nuts and spread the batter unto a parchment lined 6x8 pan.
- Place in freezer for about 30 minutes until the fudge firms up. Next cut into squares.
- I store my low carb keto fudge in the freezer. Enjoy in good health!
Looking for proven ways to stay committed to a low carb keto plan? Look no more! Allow me to introduce to you Keto//OS the first therapeutic ketone supplement that allows you to drink your ketones and put you into ketosis in under 59 minutes. You can now stay the course longterm with this amazing supplement. To be able to have ketosis on demand is simply a game-changer. I invite you to read more about the success we are seeing in our community group here.
Feel free to reach out to us with your questions. We are here to support you.