So here’s the thing, I love chocolate. See there I admit it. What’s more I love Hershey’s chocolate, specifically when used in baked goods. So naturally there will be times I will crave it, even while on a low carb plan. This is why today I am sharing my Low Carb Hershey’s Chocolate Cake.
Usually, when I find myself craving chocolate it’s an indicator that my magnesium levels may be a little low. So I make go and take my supplement and proceed to the kitchen to experiment. It’s pretty incredible how our body can tell us what we need if we learn to tune in.
By now you know this girl is not afraid to roll up her sleeves and try to convert an old favorite into a healthier low carb version. What’s more because I get bored easily with foods, I find myself coming up with low carb recipes frequently. I guess that’s good for my family and anyone who follows this blog. Variety is something that has always compelled me to create in the kitchen. I will never understand how some people choose to eat the same foods over and over.
Allow me to present to you my low carb version of the famous Hershey’s chocolate cake. My Low Carb Hershey’s Chocolate is inspired by the traditional recipe that is on the back of every Hershey’s Unsweetened Baking Powder container. I hope you will give it a try and pin it for future reference.
Low Carb Hershey’s Chocolate Cake
Serving Size 1 slice of cake
A low carb version of the classic Hershey's chocolate cake.
10 minPrep Time
45 minCook Time
55 minTotal Time
- 2 cups sugar substitute (I use Swerve)
- 1 ¼ cup almond flour
- ¾ cup coconut flour
- ¾ cup Hershey’s unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 ½ tsp. of baking powder
- 1 ½ tsp. of baking soda
- ½ tsp of sea salt
- 3 eggs
- ¼ cup of whipping cream & ¾ cup of water (This is your milk substitute)
- ½ stick (1/4 cup) melted butter
- 2 tsp. of vanilla extract
- 1 cup of boiling water
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a 12 inch round pan.
- Combine dry ingredients in a stand up mixer then add the eggs, the one cup of milk substitute: cream & water mix, melted butter and mix until combined.
- Add the one cup of boiling water and continue to mix. NOTE: Just like the original recipe this too will be a thin batter.
- Bake for 45 minutes to 1 hour, or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
Looking for proven ways to stay committed to a low carb keto plan? Look no more! Allow me to introduce to you Keto//OS the first therapeutic ketone supplement that allows you to drink your ketones and put you into ketosis in under 59 minutes. You can now stay the course longterm with this amazing supplement. To be able to have ketosis on demand is simply a game-changer. I invite you to read more about the success we are seeing in our community group here.
Feel free to reach out to us with your questions. We are here to support you.