Mushroom cheese burger soup? Yes, please! If you have been following my blog for any length of time you know how much I enjoy cooking with my slow cooker. I find that using a crock pot just makes cooking dinner a breeze, it’s a great option for busy week nights.
Although there are lots of variations of cheese burger soups floating in the internet, mine needed to be low carb version. So no grains to thicken this soup. This makes for a very filling soup and goes well with my low carb “corn” bread for a complete meal.
I placed all the ingredients in my slow cooker the night before and woke up to the aroma of mushrooms and beef. Take a wild guess what I had for breakfast? That’s right a cup of soup. I hear of people who say having soup for breakfast is a great way to start the day. Honestly, I had a hard time wrapping my mind around this. Well, I got over that hurdle rather quickly. Frankly, it’s not difficult to do if your home is full of the aroma of simmering soup.
Products from Amazon.com
Not sure if this will become a regular breakfast staple around our home but hey why shouldn’t the cook sneak a cup early in the morning? After all, someone needs to taste it right?
If you have been struggling to get into ketosis on your low carb keto diet or hit a plateau that doesn’t seem to budge, consider using Keto//OS By doing so you will naturally elevate your ketones and this means you will see a major reduction in appetite, carb cravings, and sustained energy. This makes the low carb keto lifestyle a viable sustainable option. We are seeing how this all natural powerful supplement is helping so many of our Fittoserve Group Community.
I encourage you to watch this short 4 minute explainer video to learn the science behind Keto//OS
Feel free to reach out to us with your questions regarding Keto//os and the keto lifestyle. We can even schedule a phone call and coach you for free when you make a 15, 20, or 30 day purchase.
For detail information on which plan can best suit your needs read more here.
Low Carb Mushroom Cheese Burger Soup
Serving Size 1 cup
A delicious low carb mushroom cheese burger soup made in a crockpot easily.
15 minPrep Time
3 hrCook Time
3 hr, 15 Total Time
- 1 pound of ground beef
- 1 medium white onion, finely chopped (1/2 cup)
- 3 cloves of garlic chopped
- 2 packages fresh mushrooms sliced (I used a combination of portobello and baby portobello mushrooms for a total of 5 cups)
- 2 cups beef broth
- ½ cup of sun-dried tomatoes chopped into bit sizes
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 cups of shredded cheddar cheese (can be substituted for Swiss cheese)
- 4 ounces of cream cheese
- 1/4 cup of sour cream
- 1/4 cup red onion thinly sliced
- 1 Hass Avocado
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup of chopped parsley
- In a large skillet, brown the ground beef, onion and garlic over medium-high heat.
- Add mushrooms; cook, until mushrooms are tender and brown.
- Next add the now browned beef and mushroom mix into the slow cooker.
- Add the beef broth, dry spices, and allow to simmer on low for several hours.
- Half an hour before serving stir in the cream cheese and shredded cheddar cheese.
- Make sure to stir occasionally to ensure that everything is well combined.
- Serve in a bowl and top with any of your favorite low carb toppings.