As far as the youth were concerned the chewier the cookie, the closer to heaven they were. Calling them “Jesus” cookies was meant to be a huge compliment. As if Jesus himself had endorsed my cookies. Ahhh the life of a youth pastor, never a dull moment!
Do you know what was my secret for super chewy cookies? Marshmallows and corn syrup! Ugh, I know. Today, I cringe when I think of how often I made these. Looking back, it’s no surprise that the youth found these addicting. What’s more I am pretty certain that Jesus wasn’t smiling on my cookie offerings. No, He was probably shaking his head thinking oh Hilda, Hilda you have so much to learn.
These low carb soft-baked cookies in no way are as chewy as my marshmallow loaded ones. The absence of that much sugar makes that level of chewiness impossible. However, they are melt in your mouth cookies and yes they are delicious! They are something I would be proud to serve without cringing. I like to think that Jesus would give these low carb bars a thumbs up. As far as calling them “Jesus” cookies? That kind of talk can only belong inside a youth group.
Enjoy in good health!
Low Carb Soft-Baked Chocolate Chip Bars
Serving Size 1 cookie bar
A Low Carb Soft-Baked Chocolate Chip Bar recipe.
10 minPrep Time
30 minCook Time
40 minTotal Time
- 8 ounce package of cream cheese
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 2 cups of sugar substitute I use Swerve or 2 cups of erythritol and 4 tsps. of liquid stevia
- 5 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup of coconut flour
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1 1/2 tsps. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp xanthan gum (optional but this is what makes this cookie bar a little chewy)
- 1 cup of sugar-free chocolate chips (I use stevia sweetend)
- 1 cup of chopped walnuts
- Preheat Oven to 350 degrees. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- In a stand up mixer beat together the butter, cream cheese and sugar substitute. Add the five eggs one at a time, mix well making sure the eggs are well incorporated into the batter. Add the dry ingredients and stir gently. Lastly, fold in the sugar-free chocolate chips and walnuts.
- Spread the batter evenly unto a 12X16 inch cookie sheet. Bake for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown.
Looking for proven ways to stay committed to a low carb keto plan? Look no more! Allow me to introduce to you Keto//OS the first therapeutic ketone supplement that allows you to drink your ketones and put you into ketosis in under 59 minutes. You can now stay the course longterm with this amazing supplement. To be able to have ketosis on demand is simply a game-changer. I invite you to read more about the success we are seeing in our community group here.
Feel free to reach out to us to assist you on your low carb keto journey. It’s our desire to see you do well.