Some days you just need a big dose of chocolate. Our son is not a big chocolate lover and frankly, I sometimes wonder what’s wrong with the boy. All kidding aside, it’s hard for this girl to understand those who don’t love chocolate. I know that when I start to crave chocolate it’s an indicator that my magnesium levels have dropped. Maybe, these fortunate souls just have high magnesium levels.
All I know is that sometimes the only thing that will knockout a chocolate craving, is to go into my kitchen and begin experimenting. After all, my chocolate threshold may be low but this is no reason to succumb to a regular sugar laden treat.
I am also aware that when I am under an unusual amount of stress it can deplete my magnesium. Do you know that even good events can put us under stress? This is why it’s vital that we learn to listen to what our bodies are trying to tell us. It may also be a sign that I have somehow been kicked out of ketosis so tweaking is vital.
How do I balance all that’s on my plate? First and foremost, by spending time with God in prayer and his word. Sure it’s fun to run to my kitchen to find an excuse to indulge in a chocolate treat, but nothing compares to the peace that comes from spending time in his presence.
I often get asked if eating a low carb diet feels depriving? I am not denying that there will be times a craving for something specific will come, but it’s been my experience that with a little perseverance a healthier alternative can be had.
I was hoping to create the richest, darkest brownie possible so that one serving would quench my need for something chocolaty. Thankfully, the use of Hershey’s Special Dark Cocoa Powder made that possible.
Low Carb Mocha Blackout Brownie
Serving Size 1 slice
A low carb very rich mocha blackout brownie
10 minPrep Time
25 minCook Time
35 minTotal Time
- One 8 ounce package of softened cream cheese
- 2 sticks of butter softened
- 6 eggs
- 2 cups of sugar substitute (I use swerve)
- 1 ½ tablespoon of baking powder
- 1 cup of Hershey’s Special Dark Cocoa Powder
- 1 ½ cups of almond flour
- ½ cup of Hershey’s sugar-free chocolate chips
- 2 teaspoons of instant espresso powder
- ½ cup of walnuts (optional)
- Pre-heat of to 350 degrees.
- In a large stand-up mixer stir the cream cheese, butter and sugar substitute until light and fluffy. Add the 6 eggs one at a time mix till fully incorporated. Next add the dark cocoa powder, almond flour, baking powder, sugar-free chocolate chips, espresso powder and walnuts.
- Bake brownies in a 12x12 pan for 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
Enjoy in good health!
Looking for proven ways to stay committed to a low carb keto plan? Look no more! Allow me to introduce to you Keto//OS the first therapeutic ketone supplement that allows you to drink your ketones and put you into ketosis in under 59 minutes. You can now stay the course longterm with this amazing supplement. To be able to have ketosis on demand is simply a game-changer. I invite you to read more about the success we are seeing in our community group here.
Learn more about how the science works by watching these short explainer video.
Feel free to reach out to us with your questions. Here to support you.