I’m declaring its pumpkin season already with my low carb chocolate pumpkin pound cake. I don’t even care if its 96 degrees here in Miami and it feels like a 105! Why? Because I can’t wait till the weather changes to start creating fall recipes. Frankly, it may be as late as November before we see a glimmer of change in these parts.
I created a low carb chocolate pumpkin pound cake to quench all your cravings safely. Why chocolate? Because chocolate makes everything better, and this includes this low carb pumpkin pound cake. I chose to use cocoa powder in this recipe to ensure you get a bold chocolate taste with every bite.
The combination of chocolate with pumpkin spice gives this pound cake a rich profile. I think pumpkin puree adds depth to any recipe, don’t you? Not a fan of pumpkin? Hmmm, maybe you just need to add a little chocolate to the mix.
Years ago, I was a bit hesitant to the idea of these flavors together. I mean really, one is a vegetable and the other is well, glorious. I got over that quickly, once I finally tasted a chocolate pumpkin treat. Thankfully, today I can still enjoy this combination by making it a low carb option. This is important to us, because we do not want to be kicked out of ketosis by a treat that is not low carb or keto.
Need more convincing? How about the lovely smell of fall spices permeating through your home? Trust me, no fall candle out there can ever come close to the real smell of pumpkin spices. Why buy a fall candle when you can get the experience at home and a low carb treat?
I love coming up with new recipes for you, and I find myself frequently dreaming about what recipe to share next. It’s my hope that by doing so it will make your decision to eat healthy easier. I never want to hear that you can’t eat this way because you don’t know what to eat. May a visit to our blog leave you feeling empowered.
Still can’t convince you to try this combo? How about you taste the pound cake our readers have deemed their favorite, our Low Carb Cream Cheese Pound Cake instead.
Low Carb Pumpkin Chocolate Pound Cake
Serving Size 1 slice
A delicious low carb chocolate pumpkin pound cake
10 minPrep Time
1 hr, 15 Cook Time
1 hr, 25 Total Time
- 1 ½ sticks of softened butter
- 2 cups of sugar substitute (I used swerve)
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup of coconut milk
- 1/2 can of 15 ounce can of pumpkin puree (not pie mix)
- 1 cup of unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 cups of almond flour
- 1 ½ tablespoons of baking powder
- 2 teaspoon of pumpkin pie spice (or ½ teaspoon of ginger, 1/4 teaspoon of nutmeg, 1 teaspoon of cinnamon, 1/4 teaspoon of ground all spice)
- ¼ teaspoon of sea salt
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees
- In a large stand-up mixer combine the softened butter with the sugar substitute until light and fluffy.
- Add the four eggs beating well after each addition.
- Next add the 1 cup of unsweetened cocoa powder.
- To this mixture add the pumpkin puree and coconut milk, beat until fully incorporated.
- Lastly, add the almond flour, baking powder, spices and sea salt.
- In a well-greased loaf pan add the batter and bake for a 1 1/4 hours or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
Enjoy in good health!
Having trouble staying on a low carb ketogenic diet? Allow us to introduce to you a KETO//OS a supplement that is helping many stay on track effortlessly. Watch this 4 minute explainer video to see how it works.
Feel free to reach out to us to answer any of your questions regarding Keto//OS or the Low carb Keto lifestyle. We would love to assist you.