Low Carb High Fiber Breakfast Bread? Oh Yes Please!
Are you looking for a low carb keto breakfast option that also meets your fiber needs? If so, my low carb high fiber breakfast bread is going to make you really happy.
I decided to create a low carb high fiber breakfast bread because there seems to be a lack of delicious high fiber low carb options for breakfast. What’s more we often get asked if chooses to go on a low carb keto means that they will not get enough fiber.
The short answer is maybe, if you are eating plenty of green vegetables then fiber will not be an issue on a low carb keto diet. Remember the majority of the carbs you will consume on a low carb keto plan come from plenty of fresh green vegetables.
Can High Fiber Co-exisit With A Keto Diet?
Where the challenge lies is that most people are just not eating enough vegetables, and by the time they come to a low carb diet, they have spent a lifetime avoiding them. Which means it will take a little time to embrace them. The other problem is that the few vegetables that they did consume were usually those high in starches and carbohydrates. This is where a recipe like my low carb high fiber breakfast bread, makes so much sense.
So what can we do if we want to stay regular on low carb diet? Besides making sure you are drinking enough water and eating the right vegetables, I would recommend a fiber supplement in the way of psyllium, while your body adjusts.
What you want is a psyllium powder that is plain and not loaded with sugars or other unnecessary fillers. Once your body gets fully keto-adapted you will find that being regular is no longer issue.
Looking for delicious low carb high fiber options is a great way to ensure you are including enough fiber in your diet.
A High Fiber Low Carb Breakfast
I created this low carb high fiber breakfast bread as an excellent way to add more fiber into your diet effortlessly. This recipe is full of nuts, seeds and psyllium, all the ingredients that ensure you are not just getting enough fiber, but important prebiotics.
This recipe makes a delicious filling bread that slices and toasts beautifully. It can easily be customized by using your favorite low carb keto seeds and nuts. I hope you will give it a try and if you do, don’t forget to share!
If you are looking for more low carb high fiber recipes you might also enjoy the following recipes:
Low Carb High Fiber Breakfast Bread
Serving Size 1 slice
A delicious low carb high fiber bread. It's full of high fiber ingredients that are low carb friendly.
15 minPrep Time
50 minCook Time
1 hr, 5 Total Time
- ½ cup coconut flour
- 1 cup of almond flour
- 1 stick of melted butter (1/2 cup)
- ½ cup of plain psyllium powder
- ½ cup of sugar substitute (I use Swerve)
- ½ teaspoon of sea salt
- 1 ½ teaspoons of baking powder
- ½ cup sesame seeds
- ½ cup of chopped pecans
- ½ cup of raw whole flaxseeds
- ½ cup of unsweetened coconut flakes
- 6 large eggs
- 1 cup of coconut or almond milk
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees
- Melt the butter and allow to cool.
- In a large stand-up mixer add all the dry ingredients including all the nuts, seeds and combine well.
- Next add the eggs one at a time, the coconut or almond milk and the cooled melted butter.
- Mix the batter well until fully incorporated. Note that this batter will be thick.
- Place the batter into a well-greased large loaf pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45-60 minutes or until an inserted tooth pick comes out clean.
- Allow the bread to fully cool before slicing.
- Store in refrigerator or freeze.
- Enjoy toasted with butter or your favorite low carb topping.
Our Favorite Keto Tip
Feel free to reach out to us with your questions regarding Keto//os and the keto lifestyle. We can even schedule a phone call and coach you for free when you make a 15, 20, or 30 day purchase.
For detail information on which plan can best suit your needs read more here.