A low carb keto scone? Yes please! I don’t know what it is about the mention of scones that makes me feel like I am about to consume something special. Maybe it’s because it automatically takes me back to traveling Europe and the lovely way tea is served.
Because we can now have strawberries almost year round, I decided to add strawberries to this scone recipe. On a low carb ketogenic diet, we don’t eat a lot of fruit, fructose is just as bad and sometimes causes an even higher insulin response in our bodies than regular sugars. Which is why we basically stay with small amounts of berries. This is why a recipe like this works so well. Once you cut back on sweets, you will find that you only need a tiny amount of sweetness to satisfy a craving.
No matter what the weather is in your parts, a low carb scone fits the bill every time. No berries in season where you are at? Not a problem, make these plain or add your own low carb spin.
I hope you will give this recipe a try and that it will assist you on your low carb keto lifestyle.
If you enjoyed this low carb strawberry scones you may also love our low carb chocolate chip scones.
Are you having trouble staying on a low carb ketogenic diet? Have you not been able to get into deep ketosis despite your best efforts? Allow us to introduce to you a KETO//OS a supplement that is helping many stay on track effortlessly. Keto//OS its the first pure therapeutic ketones.
Feel free to reach out to us with your questions regarding Keto//os and the keto lifestyle. We can even schedule a phone call and coach you for free when you make a 15, 20, or 30 day purchase.
For detail information on which plan can best suit your needs read more here.
Low Carb Strawberry Scones
Serving Size 1 scone
A low carb strawberry scone recipe. That allows you to keep enjoying scones while on a low carb keto plan.
10 minPrep Time
25 minCook Time
35 minTotal Time
- 5 large strawberries sliced thinly
- 1 ½ cups of almond flour
- 1/2 cup of coconut flour
- 1/2 cup sugar substitute I use Swerve
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 4 tablespoons of melted butter
- 3 eggs
- 1 ½ tablespoons of baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon of sea salt
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees
- Melt the butter and set aside to cool. In a large stand-up mixer combine the sugar substitute, melted butter and the eggs.
- Next add all the dry ingredients and stir until fully combined.
- Lastly, stir in the sliced strawberries.
- Pour batter (note that it will be thick) into fully greased round cake pan or cast-iron skillet.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.