I know what you’re thinking, another pumpkin recipe? Well, here’s the thing I have been trying to perfect my low carb pumpkin bread for a couple of years now. It’s been a real quest to create a low carb pumpkin bread similar to the regular version our family once loved.
Working with pumpkin puree can be tricky with low carb flours. The lack of gluten in these flours does not make baking a pumpkin bread easy. But this girl was determined. Just like I was when I created our low carb cream cheese pound cake. If there is one thing I am, it’s relentless. I just won’t give up on a recipe without a good fight. Fortunate for you, I finally won this battle and what we have here is a real winner.
You’ll notice that this recipe makes two generous loaves, making it easy to freeze one for later. For an added treat I am including my low carb cream cheese frosting for you to also enjoy.
Low Carb Pumpkin Bread
Serving Size 1 slice
A low carb pumpkin bread
15 minPrep Time
45 minCook Time
1 hrTotal Time
- 1 15 oz. can of pumpkin puree
- 2 cups granulated of sugar substitute (I use Swerve)
- 1 table spoons of baking powder
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons of pumpkin pie spice
- 3 tablespoons of cinnamon powder
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 10 large eggs
- 3 cups of almond flour
- 1 cup of golden flax meal
- Cream Cheese Frosting
- 1 8 0z package of softened cream cheese
- 4 tablespoons of heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup of Swerve powdered sugar substitute
- Grease two 8x4 inch loaf pans well.
- In a large stand up mixer, beat the pumpkin puree, sugar substitute, and vanilla extract until well blended.
- Beat in the eggs one at time until fully combined. Next add the almond, flax meal, baking powder, spices and salt.
- Note that batter will be thick. Pour into the prepared pans and bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes, or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
This recipe makes two large low carb pumpkin bread loaves
Looking for proven ways to stay committed to a low carb keto plan? Look no more! Allow me to introduce to you Keto//OS the first therapeutic ketone supplement that allows you to drink your ketones and put you into ketosis in under 59 minutes. You can now stay the course longterm with this amazing supplement. To be able to have ketosis on demand is simply a game-changer. I invite you to read more about the success we are seeing in our community group here.
Feel free to reach out to us with your questions regarding Keto//os and the keto lifestyle. We can even schedule a phone call and coach you for free when you make a 15, 20, or 30 day purchase.
For detail information on which plan can best suit your needs read more here.