Low Carb Pumpkin Bread Perfected!
Can you agree that sometimes only the very best option is going to be good enough? This is what happened when I was determined to create a low carb pumpkin bread that would be as tasty as my traditional high carb version was.
I know what you’re thinking, another low carb keto pumpkin recipe Hilda? Well, here’s the thing, I have been trying to perfect my low carb pumpkin bread for a couple of years now. It’s been a real quest to create a low carb pumpkin bread similar to the regular version our family once considered a favorite.
Because working with pumpkin puree can be tricky with low carb flours, I wasn’t quite satisfied with my prior attempts. The lack of gluten in the low carb keto flours does not make baking a pumpkin bread easy. For more on how to bake with low carb flours I encourage you to read my favorite low carb baking tips.
You need to understand that this girl was determined. This meant that my low carb pumpkin bread couldn’t by just a pretty good option, but a great one. This kind of thinking is how I was able to create a fantastic option for pound cake with our low carb cream cheese pound cake.
If there is one thing I am, it’s relentless. I just won’t give up on a recipe without a good fight. Fortunate for you, I finally won this battle and what we have here is a real winner.
You’ll notice that this recipe makes two generous loaves, making it easy to freeze one for later. For an added treat I am including my low carb cream cheese frosting for you to also enjoy.
Can’t wait for you to try my perfected low carb pumpkin bread recipe. For more great low carb keto recipes make sure you sign up for our newsletter.
Low Carb Pumpkin Bread
Serving Size 1 slice
A low carb pumpkin bread
15 minPrep Time
45 minCook Time
1 hrTotal Time
- 1 15 oz. can of pumpkin puree
- 2 cups granulated of sugar substitute (I use Swerve)
- 1 table spoons of baking powder
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons of pumpkin pie spice
- 3 tablespoons of cinnamon powder
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 10 large eggs
- 3 cups of almond flour
- 1 cup of golden flax meal
- Cream Cheese Frosting
- 1 8 0z package of softened cream cheese
- 4 tablespoons of heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup of Swerve powdered sugar substitute
- Grease two 8x4 inch loaf pans well.
- In a large stand up mixer, beat the pumpkin puree, sugar substitute, and vanilla extract until well blended.
- Beat in the eggs one at time until fully combined. Next add the almond, flax meal, baking powder, spices and salt.
- Note that batter will be thick. Pour into the prepared pans and bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes, or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
This recipe makes two large low carb pumpkin bread loaves
Favorite Keto Tip
Looking for proven ways to stay committed to a low carb keto plan? Look no more! Allow me to introduce to you Keto//OS the first therapeutic ketone supplement that allows you to drink your ketones and put you into ketosis in under 59 minutes. You can now stay the course longterm with this amazing supplement. To be able to have ketosis on demand is simply a game-changer. I invite you to read more about the success we are seeing in our community group here.
Feel free to reach out to us with your questions regarding Keto//os and the keto lifestyle. We can even schedule a phone call and coach you for free when you make a 15, 20, or 30 day purchase.
For detail information on which plan can best suit your needs read more here.