Am I allowed to say how much I love this recipe? It’s coffee cake people! Not just any coffee cake, a low carb crumb one! I don’t know about you, but I have always loved coffee cakes. I believe my love for coffee cake stems from my first experiences with coffee.
I remember as a teenager how grown up I felt ordering coffee after a meal. Can I confess that I didn’t fall in love with coffee immediately? Truth is, that it wasn’t until I could accompany this ritual with a sweet treat, that I genuinely fell in love with coffee. Unfortunately, that little habit turned me into a pre-diabetic a few short years ago. Thankfully, today those days are long gone because of my low carb keto lifestyle.
A little something sweet after a meal seems harmless enough until you begin doing this after each and every meal and it starts to spiral out of control. There was a time in my life I would have preferred dessert over the most luscious main course. These days I have no problem passing up dessert, especially if it’s a high carb one. Boy has this girl changed!
Can I encourage you to celebrate the upcoming holidays with this low carb coffee cake? How about you create something healthy this year? Imagine the reaction of your family and friends when they realize it’s a delicious, gluten free, sugar-free option? It would make a lovely addition to a breakfast brunch. Ok, who’s kidding, this would be great at any hour!
I am all about creating holiday traditions that have lasting memories. From the days I would have everyone over to create gingerbread houses, to the lingering conversations at the dinner table. However, if there is one constant over the years is that I have always shared a sweet treat after a meal. Which is why creating low carb keto options is so important to me.
Just because I know longer bake with traditional high carb items doesn’t mean I can’t still be a good hostess. Give this recipe a try and please share.
Staying on course throughout the holidays can be a challenge. Unfortunately, I know this first hand. But we are not leaving you without some solid resources. Allow us to introduce to you Keto/OS a supplement that allows you to drink Ketones and be in ketosis It’s helping many stay on track effortlessly.
Reach out to us with your questions regarding Keto//OS. We are here to assist you on your journey to wellness and would love to help you get started.
Low Carb Coffee Crumb Cake
Serving Size 1 slice
A simple yet delicious low carb coffee cake.
15 minPrep Time
25 minCook Time
40 minTotal Time
- Low Carb Coffee Cake:
- 1 cup of almond flour
- ½ cup of coconut flour
- 1 cup of sugar substitute (I use Swerve)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp of sea salt
- 4 eggs
- 4 oz cream cheese
- 4 tablespoons of softened butter
- 1 teaspoon off vanilla
- Crumb Topping
- 1 cup of almond flour (I used finely milled)
- ½ cup of coconut flour
- ½ cup of sugar substitute (I used Swerve)
- ½ cup of your favorite low carb nuts (I used pecans)
- ¼ cup of sugar-free coconut flakes
- 1 stick of cold butter sliced thinly
- 2 teaspoons of ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon of sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Coffee Cake: In a large stand-up mixer bowl beat on high the butter with the sugar substitute until light and fluffy and well incorporated. Next add the cream cheese and vanilla and mix well. Add the eggs one at a time making sure to mix well after each addition. Add all the dry ingredients until well combined.
- Crumb Topping:
- In a small bowl combine all the dry ingredients and add the sliced cold butter and combine well until crumbs form.
- In a well-greased cake pan spread the batter. Lastly add the low carb crumb and spread evenly over the top of cake. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes until golden brown on top and a tooth pick inserted comes out clean.