Thanksgiving is days away and what is this girl doing? Creating yet another low carb recipe to help you stay on track. Do you know why? Because I want you to have absolutely no excuses for cheating.
I know the temptations are going to be grand, especially when family favorites make their annual appearance. But can we agree that although we all love a great gathering around the table, the food should not be the main focus. Don’t get me wrong we can all get excited about tasty treats, let’s just not make the holidays about the food alone.
Like I’ve mentioned on previous Thanksgiving posts, this is my favorite holiday because it’s not as commercialized as others. Let’s take advantage of this and spend quality time with loved ones and make the act of giving God thanks together the emphasis instead.
What better way to express your love to guests than by sharing a meal that is not only delicious but good for them? This year surprise them with a healthy, low carb option that rival any sugar-laden, junk filled treat.
This low carb pecan pie is going to make a believer out of the biggest skeptic. Enjoy in good health!
Having trouble staying on a low carb ketogenic diet? Allow us to introduce to you Keto/OS a supplement that allows you to drink Ketones and be in ketosis It’s helping many stay on track effortlessly. Affiliate Link
Low Carb Pecan Glazed Pumpkin Pie
Low Carb Brown Butter Crust:
½ cup (1 sticks of cooled browned butter)
2 large eggs
¼ teaspoon sea salt
¾ cup of coconut flour
2 teaspoon of sugar substitute
- Cook the butter in medium heat until lightly brown. Allow to cool to room temperature
- Mix the coconut flour, eggs, sea salt, sugar substitute and cooled butter until dough forms.
- Flatten the crust between two parchment papers with a rolling pin. Place the crust on the bottom and up the sides of a pie pan crimping the edges.
- Bake in a preheated 350 degrees’ oven for 25 minutes or until lightly brown.
Pumpkin Pie Filling:
1 cup heavy cream
4 large eggs
1 cup sugar substitute ( I use Swerve)
1 15 ounce can of pumpkin puree
1 tsp ground cinnamon
¼ tsp ground nutmeg
¼ tsp ground allspice
¼ tsp of ground ginger
1 tsp of vanilla
¼ teaspoon of sea salt
Instructions for Pie Filling:
- Mix all the ingredients together until fully combined.
- Pour into cooked and cooled pie crust.
- Bake pie for 30-35 in 350 degrees’ oven until pie sets.
- Allow to cool
- Add candied pecans on top of cooked pie
Low Carb Candied Pecan Topping:
1 1/4 cups pecan pieces
3 Tbsp butter, melted
4 Tbsp sugar substitute (I use Swerve) an erythritol blend is necessary for the glaze.
Instructions for Low Carb “Candied” Pecans:
- In a hot skillet add the butter.
- Add the pecans and combine well with butter
- Add the sugar substitute and sea salt
- Cook the pecans until toasted and glazed.
- Allow to fully cool
10 servings: 235 calories, 4g net carbs