I’ve created yet another low carb recipe to help you stay on track. Do you know why? Because I want you to have absolutely no excuses for cheating. My low carb pecan glazed pumpkin pie can grace any holiday table and offer a delicious and healthy treat for all your guests.
I know the temptations are going to be grand, especially when family favorites make their annual appearance. But can we agree that although we all love a great gathering around the table, the food should not be the main focus. Don’t get me wrong we can all get excited about tasty treats, let’s just not make the holidays about the food alone.
Like I’ve mentioned on previous Thanksgiving posts how this is my favorite holiday, because it’s not as commercialized as others. Let’s take advantage of this and spend quality time with loved ones and make the act of giving God thanks together the emphasis instead. While your enjoying each others company take this time to educate them on your keto lifestyle and consider bringing a healthy option to the table like my low carb pecan glazed pumpkin pie.
What better way to express your love to your guests, than by sharing a meal that is not only delicious but good for them? This year surprise them with a healthy, low carb option that rival any sugar-laden, junk filled treat.
This low carb pecan pie is going to make a believer out of the biggest skeptic. Enjoy in good health!
Favorite Keto Tip
Looking for proven ways to stay committed to a low carb keto plan? Look no more! Allow me to introduce to you Keto//OS the first therapeutic ketone supplement that allows you to drink your ketones and put you into ketosis in under 59 minutes. You can now stay the course longterm with this amazing supplement. To be able to have ketosis on demand is simply a game-changer. I invite you to read more about the success we are seeing in our community group here.
Learn more about how the science works by watching these short explainer videos Needing further support?
Feel free to reach out to us with your questions regarding Keto//os and the keto lifestyle. We can even schedule a phone call and coach you for free when you make a 15, 20, or 30 day purchase.
For detail information on which plan can best suit your needs read more here.
Reach out to us with your questions regarding Keto//OS. We are here to assist you on your journey to wellness and would love to help you get started.
Low Carb Pecan Glazed Pumpkin Pie
Serving Size 1 slice
25 minPrep Time
35 minCook Time
1 hrTotal Time
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup sugar substitute ( I use Swerve)
- 1 15 ounce can of pumpkin puree
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp ground nutmeg
- ¼ tsp ground allspice
- ¼ tsp of ground ginger
- 1 tsp of vanilla
- ¼ teaspoon of sea salt
- Low Carb Brown Butter Crust:
- ½ cup (1 sticks of cooled browned butter)
- 2 large eggs
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ¾ cup of coconut flour
- 2 teaspoon of sugar substitute
- Low Carb Candied Pecan Topping:
- 1 1/4 cups pecan pieces
- 3 Tbsp butter, melted
- 4 Tbsp sugar substitute (I use Swerve) an erythritol blend is necessary for the glaze.
- Cook the butter in medium heat until lightly brown. Allow to cool to room temperature
- Mix the coconut flour, eggs, sea salt, sugar substitute and cooled butter until dough forms.
- Flatten the crust between two parchment papers with a rolling pin. Place the crust on the bottom and up the sides of a pie pan crimping the edges.
- Bake in a preheated 350 degrees’ oven for 25 minutes or until lightly brown.
- Instructions for Pie Filling:
- Mix all the pie filling ingredients together until fully combined.
- Pour into cooked and cooled pie crust.
- Bake pie for 30-35 in 350 degrees’ oven until pie sets.
- Allow to cool
- Instructions for Low Carb "Candied" Pecans:
- In a hot skillet add the butter.
- Add the pecans and combine well with butter
- Add the sugar substitute and sea salt
- Cook the pecans until toasted and glazed.
- Allow to fully cool
- Add candied pecans on top of cooked pie