My low carb lemon pound cake was created in honor of someone very special to me. Isn’t it amazing how we tend to associate certain foods with loved ones who have touched our lives? I believe the holidays can especially bring back a flood of memories that tie us to friends and family. Lemon pound cake always reminds me of my sister-in-law’s mom, Regla, who was taken from the family way too soon. Regla’s love of the kitchen is certainly missed during the holidays.
My original lemon pound cake had loads of sugar and therefore no longer makes an appearance at family gatherings now that we are eating a low carb keto diet. I had been toying with the idea of giving this beloved recipe a makeover. I really wanted to bring it back for my family to enjoy and Christmas seemed like the appropriate time to do so.
The former recipe was made moist by pouring a lemon simple syrup to the cake after it was baked and fully cooled. My low carb lemon pound cake gets its delicious lemon flavor by adding the lemon juice to the batter before it’s baked.
I can’t wait to share this recipe with you and my family. Creating foods that remind of us of our loved ones is a way to continue to honor their memory.
Are you struggling to eat a low carb keto plan? Thankfully, there are ways to make the transition easier and the keto lifestyle doable. With the ability to now get ketones exogenously (we can now drink our ketones), and be in in a state of therapeutic ketosis, it’s become a game changer. People are experiencing the power of ketones sometimes for the first time. Making our journey to share this conversation much more easier. The testimonials that are coming from the community because of this new technology have been very encouraging.
Watch this 4 minute explainer video
Feel free to reach out to us with your questions regarding Keto//os and the keto lifestyle. We can even schedule a phone call and coach you for free when you make a 15, 20, or 30 day purchase.
For detail information on which plan can best suit your needs read more here.
Serving Size 1 slice
A rich low carb lemon cake that is sugar free, grain free and delicious
10 minPrep Time
45 minCook Time
55 minTotal Time
- 8 ounce of cream cheese softened
- 1/2 cup of butter softened
- 8 whole eggs
- 2 cups of sugar substitute (I use Swerve)
- 2 ½ cups of finely ground almond flour
- ½ cup of lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon of lemon extract
- ¼ teaspoon of freshly grated lemon rind
- ¼ teaspoon of salt
- 1 ½ tablespoons of baking powder
- Optional Lemon Glaze Topping:
- ¼ cup of Swerve Confectioner’s Sugar and 2 tablespoons of lemon
- Pre-heat oven 350 degrees
- In a large standup mixer add the cream cheese, butter and beat on high until light and fluffy. To this add the sugar substitute and combine well.
- Add the 8 eggs one at a time, making sure that it is fully incorporated.
- Next stir in the almond flour, salt, baking powder, lemon rind and mix well.
- Lastly, add the lemon juice and beat until the batter is fully mixed.
- Pour cake batter into two 8-inch loaf pans or one large 12 inch cake pan. (I used a spring-form pan to bake mine)
- Bake for 45 minutes or until an inserted tooth pick comes out clear.
- Add the lemon topping to the cooled cake.
- Dust the fully cooled cake with Swerve confectioners’ sugar.
Reach out to us with your questions regarding Keto//OS. We are here to assist you on your journey to wellness and would love to help you get started.
Looking for the most affordable way to test your ketone levels? The Best Ketone Testhas finally made this possible.