Am I the only one excited about the new year? Something about tossing an old calendar and opening up a new one that reminds me that we can always begin again. In many ways, last year was great, even if it was wrapped up with challenges and occasional disappointments. Grateful for the grace of God to carry me through the difficult tests that life inevitably brings.
I am learning the value of appreciating life’s blessings in the moment, while they are still occurring. It’s so easy for me to get caught up with what’s not going according to plan in my life, that I sometimes ignore the many things that are. Does anyone else struggle with this?
I for one, will aim to live in the present more this year. I want to celebrate the small accomplishments as I pursue better. I must admit this will not exactly be easy for me and will require lots of prayer for this girl.
More often than I care to admit, I will be in the middle of something and already focusing on what’s next. It’s a terrible habit that I am working to change. Staying focused on the task at hand requires an intentional shift in my way of thinking.
Well, although I don’t believe in New Year’s resolutions, I am a big fan of setting goals. I plan on putting this goal at the top of my list. I want to enjoy the journey not just when I achieve a set goal.
It is now three years since Randy and I decided to make a low carb keto plan a lifestyle and it’s incredible how much our health has improved. Eating this way now comes natural to us, a goal we certainly where aiming for.
Have you been struggling to get into ketosis? Has it been a challenge to stay on a low carb diet? Allow us to introduce you to Keto/OS an exogenous ketone. Keto/OS is a state of the art supplement that raises blood ketones allowing you to get into therapeutic ketosis easier. Pick up your Keto/OS here Experience keto Affiliate Link
Reach out to us with your questions regarding Keto//OS. We are here to assist you on your journey to wellness and would love to help you get started.
How about you? What great plans are you hoping to accomplish this year? Are you going to make it a point to love the process as much as the successes?
Today, I thought I would share with you a small little low carb treat. A toasted coconut brownie bite, that makes the perfect ending to a meal. Let it be a reminder to focus on the little blessings in life.
Low Carb Toasted Coconut Brownie Bites
2 sticks of softened butter
2 cups of sugar substitute (I use Swerve)
4 ounces cream cheese
2 teaspoons of vanilla
1 cup of almond flour or almond meal
1 cup of coconut flour
2 teaspoons of baking powder
½ teaspoon of salt
3/4 cup of unsweetened dark cocoa powder
1 1/2 cups unsweetened coconut flakes toasted
Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees
- Toast on a skillet the 1 ½ cups of unsweetened coconut flakes until very lightly toasted. Set aside to use as a coating for the brownie bites before placing them in the oven.
- In a stand-up mixer beat the softened butter, cream cheese, vanilla and sugar substitute until light and fluffy. Next add the eggs beating after each addition. To this mix add the flours, baking powder, salt, and unsweetened cocoa powder. Combine well.
- Place the batter in the fridge for 30 minutes to chill, and make it easier to form 1 inch balls.
- Once the batter has been chilled, roll the dough into 1 inch balls.
- Toss the low carb brownie balls into the toasted coconut and place on parchment lined cookie sheet.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Allow to cool before serving.
This recipe makes 3 1/2 dozens, 1 inch brownie bites.
2 grams of carbs per low carb brownie bite