Delicious Low Carb Broccoli and Cauliflower Salad!
Looking for a delicious and easy way to add more raw vegetables to your diet? My low carb keto broccoli and cauliflower salad is a fan with even the pickiest of eaters, making it a perfect way to consume more veggies.
My Low Carb Keto Broccoli and Cauliflower Salad has become a family favorite. I first introduced it during a church picnic and it’s now requested often. What’s not to love about a salad that is rich in flavors and gives us the benefits of raw vegetables? The combination of broccoli and cauliflower go very well together, and if we can throw bacon into the mix? Well, that makes it this low carb keto broccoli and cauliflower salad that much more special.
Benefits of Cruciferous Vegetables
Cruciferous vegetables like broccoli and cauliflower are a powerhouse for vitamin C and a great source of manganese. Over the years, researchers have also identified a number of substances in cruciferous vegetables that have shown anti-cancer properties like isothiocyanates, and phytochemicals. These facts just further encourage enjoying this low carb keto broccoli and cauliflower salad.
I’ve seen versions of this salad floating in the internet. Unfortunately, many are loaded with sugar. Adding sugar just makes no sense to me and just blocks a lot of the great properties in these vegetables. Which is why a recipe like this low carb keto broccoli and cauliflower salad was in order.
This recipe uses full fat mayonnaise and sour cream. Since going low carb and becoming a fat ketone burner, versus a sugar burner, I’ve learned how to embrace fats. I find that my brain functions so much better using ketones as fuel.
Products from Amazon.com
Gone are the days of fibro fog, and walking around feeling like my skin was too tight for my body. At my worst I had difficulty recalling my own phone number. Indeed, the struggle was real. Which is why, I am grateful God pointed me to this lifestyle.
Favorite Keto Hack
Have you been delaying making this lifestyle change because of the transition into burning fat for fuel versus sugar? Allow us to introduce to you a supplement that is making the transition for many in our community. The 4 minute video below explains how it works. You can order your Keto/OS here.
Feel free to reach out to us with your questions regarding Keto//os and the keto lifestyle. We can even schedule a phone call and coach you for free when you make a 15, 20, or 30 day purchase.
For detail information on which plan can best suit your needs read more here.
Reach out to us with your questions regarding Keto//OS. We are here to assist you on your journey to wellness and would love to help you get started.
Low Carb Keto Broccoli and Cauliflower Salad
Serving Size 1 /2 cup
A raw low carb keto broccoli and cauliflower salad.
10 minPrep Time
15 minCook Time
25 minTotal Time
- 1 cup of full-fat mayonnaise (I use an olive oil based one)
- 1 cup of full-fat sour cream
- 4 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar (I use Bragg's organic apple cider vinegar)
- 2 tablespoons of sugar substitute (I use granulated Swerve or stevia)
- ½ teaspoon of sea salt
- ½ teaspoon of cracked black pepper
- 4 cups of chopped raw broccoli florets and stems
- 4 cups of chopped cauliflower florets and stems
- 8 or 9 slices of cooked bacon roughly chopped.
- ½ cup of finely chopped red onion.
- ¼ cup of walnuts or other favorite low carb nut
- In a medium bowl mix all the dressing ingredients making sure it is well combined. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl combine the chopped cauliflower and broccoli. Pour the dressing over the vegetables and stir to fully coat. Next fold in the onions, bacon, walnuts.
- Store in the refrigerator. This salad keeps well for up to two days when properly stored.
Looking for the most affordable way to test your ketone levels? The Best Ketone Testhas finally made this possible.
Enjoy in good health!