I grew up always baking and my parents gave me free license in the kitchen to do so. I remember begging my father to buy me my first Betty Crocker cookbook and then proceeding to wear that book out. From measuring the ingredients, to the enticing smells coming from the kitchen that bring the family together, I love everything about baking. Well, maybe not the cleanup afterwards. My point is, that baking has always played a big role in my life. So, when I went low carb keto, I was pretty certain I would have to hang up my baking apron. Needless to say, I was pretty sad about that possibility.
Frankly, in the beginning I really struggled to understand how to use alternate low carb flours. Working with gluten-free flours can be quite tricky. It’s that darn gluten that makes everything so tasty and easy to work with. However, I will tell you that it was my determination to figure out how to bake again, that pushed me to learn.
It’s hard to believe it’s been three solid years of this lifestyle for Randy and I. Today, I know my way around the low carb keto baking kitchen. I am not saying those first few attempts were not an epic fail. Trust me when I tell you, you would not have liked what was coming out of that oven. I threw out my fair share of low carb baked goods that no one ever even tasted. Sure it took some trial and error, but once I understood the basics, I was off and running. I hope this encourages you to keep trying. The satisfaction of knowing you are not only making something delicious but healthy, is powerful.
Creating a low carb keto peanut butter cookie was something I really wanted to accomplish. I love peanut butter and the thought of never having a peanut butter cookie, was just not an option. This is a simple recipe and one that I am confident any one can recreate.
Peanut allergy? Not a problem, just substitute the peanut butter for a sugar-free almond butter, or other favorite nut butter.
If you enjoy our melt-in-your-mouth low carb keto peanut butter cookies, please consider sharing the recipe.
Wondering how to transition into a low carb keto diet effortlessly? Allow me to introduce you to keto//OS the first and most delicious way to raise your ketone levels by drinking therapeutic ketones. Ready to get started? Order keto//OS here
Watch this short video to explain how it works.
For detail information on which plan can best suit your needs read more here.
Reach out to us with your questions regarding Keto//OS. We are here to assist you on your journey to wellness and would love to help you get started.
Low Carb Keto Peanut Butter Cookies
Serving Size 1 cookie
5 minPrep Time
12 minCook Time
17 minTotal Time
- 1 cup sugar-free chunky peanut butter
- 1 stick ½ cup of unsalted softened butter
- 1 cup of sugar substitute, I us Swerve or other erythritol blend.
- 1 egg
- 1 cup of almond flour
- 1 tsp of baking powder
- ½ tsp sea salt
- Parchment lined cookie sheet
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. In a stand-up mixer, beat well the peanut butter, butter, sugar-substitute, and egg. Next add the almond flour and baking powder. Stir mixture until fully combined.
- Drop a teaspoon amount of dough to form little balls and place on a parchment lined cookie sheet. Once the dough is on the cookie sheet, flatten them with the tines of fork and to make the classic peanut butter design.
- Bake in a 350-degree oven until lightly brown around the edges around 10 min. Allow them to fully cool for another 10 minutes before eating and storing.
Looking for the most affordable way to test your ketone levels? The Best Ketone Testhas finally made this possible.