I am loving the richness of a shortbread cookie right now. I mean if we are allowed to indulge on butter on a low carb keto diet, why not make it a low carb pecan shortbread cookie?
Shortbread cookies are a classic and therefore a low carb keto friendly one needed to be added to our lists of recipes. I decided to elevate these low carb shortbread cookies by adding some chopped pecans. In my opinion it takes the cookie up another notch. However, you can choose to leave out the pecans or substitute for other low carb nuts if you prefer. For a brownie option check out our last post low carb brownie shortbread cookies
I hope you give this recipe a try and if you find value in our blog that you sign up via email and share it.
Looking for proven ways to stay committed to a low carb keto plan? Look no more! Allow me to introduce to you Keto//OS the first therapeutic ketone supplement that allows you to drink your ketones and put you into ketosis in under 59 minutes. You can now stay the course longterm with this amazing supplement. To be able to have ketosis on demand is simply a game-changer. I invite you to read more about the success we are seeing in our community group here.
I encourage you to watch this short 4 minute explainer video to learn the science behind Keto//OS
Feel free to reach out to us with your questions regarding Keto//os and the keto lifestyle. We can even schedule a phone call and coach you for free when you make a 15, 20, or 30 day purchase.
For detail information on which plan can best suit your needs read more here.
Low Carb Pecan Shortbread Cookies
Serving Size 1 cookie
A low carb pecan shortbread cookie.
5 minPrep Time
25 minCook Time
30 minTotal Time
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter at room temperature
- 1 ¼ cup of sugar substitute (I use Swerve)
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 2 ½ cups of finely ground almond flour
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ cup of coarsely chopped pecans
- Pre-heat oven to 325 degrees. Line two cookie sheets with parchment paper or leave un-greased.
- In a stand-up mixer cream the butter, sugar substitute and vanilla until well incorporated.
- Add the almond flour, sea salt, baking powder and blend till mixed. Once combined add the chopped pecans and mix again.
- Spread the dough in a 10x10 square pan or drop cookie dough by spoonful’s onto a ungreased cookie sheet. Place pan or cookie sheet in the fridge to cool for 30 minutes. This will ensure that the cookie has the traditional crisp texture in shortbread.
- I like to score and add fork tine marks on my bars before placing in the oven to allow for easy cutting afterwards. This is not necessary if you are making individual cookies.
- Bake in a 325 degrees’ oven until they are lightly golden brown about 25-30 minutes
- Allow the shortbread cookies to cool before eating and storing.
Looking for the most affordable way to test your ketone levels? The Best Ketone Testhas finally made this possible.