I promised you on my last post that I had yet another low carb shortbread cookie up my sleeve. You never know, there may be a slew of others coming. I am just enjoying the richness of a shortbread cookie right now. I mean if we are allowed to indulge on butter on a low carb keto diet, why not make it a low carb shortbread cookie? Checkout our last post low carb brownie shortbread cookie
Shortbread cookies are a classic and therefore a low carb keto friendly one needed to be added to our lists of recipes. I decided to make this cookie even richer by adding some chopped pecans. In my opinion it elevates the cookie further. However, you can choose to leave out the pecans or substitute for other low carb nuts.
Have fun in your kitchen, it’s what I always say! Enjoy and please tag me with your pictures on social media when you use our recipe. Find us under fittoservegroup on all social media channels.
Wondering how to best transition into a low carb keto diet effortlessly? Are you looking for ways to elevate your ketone levels while eating a low carb ketogenic diet? Allow me to introduce you to Keto//OS the first and most delicious way to raise your ketone levels by drinking therapeutic ketones. Ready to get started? Order Keto//OS here add /ca for our Canada friends or /au For our buddies in Australia
Have you been looking for a business opportunity that can be a blessing to your family and friends? Consider joining our team and help us share the ketone conversation.
Low Carb Pecan Shortbread Cookies
1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter at room temperature
1 ¼ cup of sugar substitute (I use Swerve)
1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
2 ½ cups of finely ground almond flour
1 teaspoon of baking powder
½ teaspoon sea salt
½ cup of coarsely chopped pecans
- Pre-heat oven to 325 degrees. Line two cookie sheets with parchment paper or leave un-greased.
- In a stand-up mixer cream the butter, sugar substitute and vanilla until well incorporated.
- Add the almond flour, sea salt, baking powder and blend till mixed. Once combined add the chopped pecans and mix again.
- Spread the dough in a 10×10 square pan or drop cookie dough by spoonful’s onto a ungreased cookie sheet. Place pan or cookie sheet in the fridge to cool for 30 minutes. This will ensure that the cookie has the traditional crisp texture in shortbread.
- I like to score and add fork tine marks on my bars before placing in the oven to allow for easy cutting afterwards. This is not necessary if you are making individual cookies.
- Bake in a 325 degrees’ oven until they are lightly golden brown about 25-30 minutes
- Allow the shortbread cookies to cool before eating and storing.