This cookie could have been called Low Carb Chocolate Overload, but is there such a thing as too much chocolate? Well, as long as it’s a healthy low carb option, I think you can’t go wrong with a little extra chocolate.
Can I tell you I know some who don’t like chocolate and Frankly, I am not sure if I can trust them. LOL, just kidding! However, it is difficult for me to understand those who don’t love chocolate. I mean, it’s chocolate people! So if this is you, feel free to give this recipe a pass. Just don’t forget to share with your chocolate loving friends!
You know what else is great about chocolate? It has a decent amount of magnesium. It’s a and essential mineral our bodies need. Chances are if you are craving chocolate your body may be asking for magnesium.
I chose to add three different types of chocolate because I wanted the combination to give me a richly flavored cookie. Plus it was a delicious way to take raise my magneisum levels. Although it’s a cookie it wants the consistency of a brownie with the bite of a cookie. Translation, it wants to be glorious.
Back in the day, I used to bake a carb-loaded version of this cookie for the youth group when my husband and I were youth pastors. When this cookie made an appearance, the youth would go wild. We nicknamed it Elly’s cookies because it was her favorite and she requested it often. I would always bake a large batch when we would take the youth on trips. Boy has this girl changed her ways!
Well, although the carb-loaded cookie was quite delicious, it needed a conversation in order to make it back into our lives.
It’s my hope you enjoy it in great health!
Are you struggling to eat a low carb keto plan? Thankfully, there are ways to make the transition easier and the keto lifestyle doable. With the ability to now get ketones exogenously (we can now drink our ketones), and be in in a state of therapeutic ketosis. People are experiencing the power of ketones sometimes for the first time. Making our journey to share this conversation much more easier. The testimonials that are coming from the community because of this new technology have been very encouraging.
Watch this explainer video and let us help you get started today.
For detail information on which plan can best suit your needs read more here.
Reach out to us with your questions regarding Keto//OS. We are here to assist you on your journey to wellness and would love to help you get started.
Low Carb Triple Chocolate Crinkle Cookies
Serving Size 1 cookie
Low Carb Triple Chocolate Crinkle Cookies are the perfect low carb treat when you are craving a dark rich chocolate cookie.
10 minPrep Time
13 minCook Time
23 minTotal Time
- 4 ounces of unsweetened chocolate baking squares
- 4 ounces of sugar free chocolate chips (1/2 cup) (I use Lily’s Stevia sweetened)
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa baking powder
- ½ cup of butter (1 stick)
- 4 eggs whole eggs
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ sea salt
- 1 teaspoon of instant coffee
- 3/4 cup of almond flour finely milled
- 1 cup sugar substitute (I use Swerve)
- An additional ¾ cup chocolate chips (to add to batter at the end)
- ¼ cup of Swerve confectioners’ sugar (for sprinkling after baking)
- Pre-heat oven to 325 degrees and line your cookie sheet with parchment paper or lightly grease your pan.
- Melt the 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate baking squares and 4 ounces of sugar-free chocolate chips with the ½ cup of butter until fully melted and combined on low heat in a double boiler.
- In a separate bowl mix the 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa baking powder, almond flour, baking powder, sea salt, and instant coffee and set aside.
- Now to the cooled chocolate and butter mixture add the 4 eggs, vanilla, sugar substitute and mix well. To this batter add the dry ingredients in the separate bowl and stir until just combined.
- Fold into the batter the 3/4 cup of sugar-free chocolate chips until combined.
- Place the cookie dough in the fridge to chill for at least ½ hour.
- Place spoonful’s of the chilled dough on the parchment lined cookie sheets and bake for about 13 minutes. Note: Don’t over bake this cookie to make sure it has the right consistency of chewy inside and crispy outside.
Looking for the most affordable way to test your ketone levels? The Best Ketone Testhas finally made this possible.