So, can I be frank with you? Getting enough fiber in a low carb keto diet can prove to be a bit challenging at times. Sure, there are supplements you can take to ensure your fiber levels are high enough, but why? If I’m given the option of taking a fiber supplement or a a tasty snack, what do you think I’m going to choose?
This foodie wanted to create a delicious low carb high fiber cheesy cracker. I know there are plenty of good recipes out there for low carb crackers, but I not only wanted a delicious cracker, I wanted it to meet my fiber needs too. Can I hear an amen from those who’ve been wanting the same thing?
I must admit that at times I crave regular wheat crackers but a high carb, gluten-loaded cracker is the last thing I need. Which is why I just let the craving pass and usually resort to pork rinds when I want something crunchy. Don’t get me wrong pork rinds are great and all, but they offer no added fiber to my diet and doesn’t have the mouth-feel of cracker.
This low carb high fiber cheesy cracker hit the spot perfectly. It’s loaded with fiber since it has chia seeds, flax seeds, and psyllium powder. Is that enough fiber for ya? Well, it certainly was for our family.
Remember though, I was not only looking for a low carb cracker high in fiber, but one full of cheesy goodness flavor. This little number tastes like a really cheesy Nabisco Triscuit Cracker. It really tasted like it was made with wheat, which made me feel like I was cheating. You know it’s a winner when a low carb keto recipe tastes like a major cheat.
I can’t wait for you to try. Let me know your thoughts and as usual if you find value in our recipes, sign up via email and never miss a post. Please share with friends and family and encourage them that a diet low in carbs is not as challenging when you have delicious recipes that can assist. Here’s to making a high fiber recipe taste like an indulgence!
Low Carb High Fiber Cheesy Crackers
- ½ cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- ½ cup coconut flour
- ½ cup of finely ground parmesan cheese (what comes in a container)
- ½ cup of freshly ground parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons of psyllium powder
- ¼ cup of chia seeds
- ¼ cup of whole flax seeds
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1 teaspoon of onion powder
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon of dried basil leaves
- 1 teaspoon of dried oregano leaves
- ½ teaspoon of sea-salt
- ¼ teaspoon of black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon of red pepper flakes
- 3 tablespoons of avocado oil or any other healthy oil of your choice
- 1 cup of water
- 1 whole egg
- In a large stand-up mixer add all the dry ingredients and stir until well combined.
- Add the water, oil and egg to the mixture and stir until a fully incorporated dough forms.
- Divide the dough in half and roll out the dough thinly between two sheets of parchment paper. The thinner you roll out the dough the crispier the crackers.
- NOTE: If you choose to not roll out to thinly, you get more of flatbread consistency. This is also a very good and delicious option.
- Remove the top layer of the parchment paper and either bake the whole flattened dough on a large cookie sheet with the bottom layer of parchment paper left in place.
- Bake in the oven for 30 minutes or until lightly brown around the edges or score the dough to create more uniform crackers.
- I went for a more organic shape which is why I opted to bake the whole cracker dough in two batches. Once the baked whole cracker cooled, I broke the large cracker into smaller pieces.
Are you struggling to eat a low carb keto plan? Thankfully, there are ways to make the transition easier and the keto lifestyle doable. With the ability to now get ketones exogenously (we can now drink our ketones), and be in in a state of therapeutic ketosis. People are experiencing the power of ketones sometimes for the first time. Making our journey to share this conversation much more easier. The testimonials that are coming from the community because of this new technology have been very encouraging.
Watch this explainer video and let us help you get started today.
Reach out to us with your questions regarding Keto//OS. We are here to assist you on your journey to wellness and would love to help you get started.