Delicious Low Carb Mexican Hot Chocolate Cookies
These low carb Mexican hot chocolate cookies are just the right blend of chocolate, cinnamon and cayenne pepper. Rich in traditional Mexican flavors and easy to duplicate.
Hola amigos! Today, I thought I would share my low carb Mexican hot chocolate cookies. If you enjoy chocolate and spices you’re going to love this cookie. I had been toying with the idea of a low carb cookie that reminds us of Mexican hot chocolate. If you are not familiar with Mexican hot chocolate, the addition of cinnamon and cayenne pepper gives a regular hot chocolate a major taste boost.
What’s neat about these low carb Mexican hot chocolate cookies is that by adding the spices cinnamon and cayenne pepper you are simultaneously also raising your metabolism. Now If that’s not a reason to enjoy this cookie, I don’t know what is.
Metabolic Benefits Of Spices
I’ve learned how It important it is that we add a variety of spices to our diet to ensure we are getting micro nutrients. Which is why I am always looking for creative ways to add more spices in the foods I regular eat.
These Low Carb Mexican Hot Chocolate Cookieswill produce a very rich chocolate cookie and you can add less spices or leave them out completely if you are not a fan of spicy foods.
My Favorite Keto Tip
Are you struggling to eat a low carb keto plan? Thankfully, there are ways to make the transition easier and the keto lifestyle doable. With the ability to now get ketones exogenously (we can now drink our ketones), and be in in a state of therapeutic ketosis. People are experiencing the power of ketones sometimes for the first time. Making our journey to share this conversation much more easier. The testimonials that are coming from the community because of this new technology have been very encouraging.
Watch this explainer video and let us help you get started today.
Reach out to us with your questions regarding Keto//OS. We are here to assist you on your journey to wellness and would love to help you get started.
Best Low Carb Mexican Hot Chocolate Cookies
Serving Size 1 cookie
A rich low carb Mexican chocolate spice cookie. The perfect combination of chocolate and spices for when you are wanting a delicious treat on your low carb keto diet.
15 minPrep Time
10 minCook Time
25 minTotal Time
- 8 ounces of unsweetened chocolate baking squares
- 4 ounces of sugar free chocolate chips (1/2 cup) (I use Lily’s Stevia sweetened)
- ½ cup of butter (1 stick)
- 4 eggs whole eggs
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ sea salt
- 2 teaspoons of cinnamon powder
- ¼ teaspoon of ground cayenne pepper
- ¼ teaspoon of black pepper
- 1 1/4 cup of almond flour finely milled
- 2 cup sugar substitute (I use Swerve)
- Pre-heat oven to 325 degrees and line your cookie sheet with parchment paper or lightly grease your pan.
- Melt the 8 ounces unsweetened chocolate baking squares and 4 ounces (1/2 cup) of sugar-free chocolate chips with the ½ cup of butter until fully melted and combined on low heat in a double boiler.
- In a separate bowl mix the almond flour, baking powder, sea salt, and spices and set aside.
- Now to the cooled chocolate and butter mixture add the 4 eggs, vanilla, sugar substitute and mix well.
- To this batter add the dry ingredients in the separate bowl and stir until just combined.
- Fold into the batter the 3/4 cup of sugar-free chocolate chips until combined.
- Place spoonfuls of the chilled dough on the parchment lined cookie sheets and bake for about 10 minutes. Note: Don’t over bake this cookie to make sure it has the right consistency of chewy inside and crispy outside.
Looking for the most affordable way to test your ketone levels? The Best Ketone Testhas finally made this possible.