This momma is beyond happy! Why? Because all her kiddos are now residing in Miami. Having all my children nearby gives me ample opportunity to cook for them healthy low carb keto meals. This makes my heart swell with joy. So what did I do to celebrate? I created a lovely Italian Low Carb Keto Roasted Stuffed Peppers recipe just for the occasion.
Sitting down for a family meal seems like a lost art in our modern world. However, this girl is pretty old fashion and few things bring people together like a good meal. There is just something very special about serving a meal to your family that you know is good for them. What’s more, great conversations always seem to flow when the meal is considered delicious.
The low carb keto kitchen makes for very tasty recipes. You’ll never feel like you have to choose between taste and health. For a food blogger, this is a very good thing. Sharing my dishes with my family and friends makes me feel like I am making a difference in their lives one meal at a time. It’s been interesting to see how our personal decision to change our diet has had a ripple effect on some many lives. It’s super humbling to see how God has used this platform to bring better health to others.
Recently, I made our son-in-love Peter, one of his favorite dishes, stuffed peppers. I took a classic recipe and made it a low carb keto option, by simply removing the rice from the stuffing portion. Honestly, you won’t even miss the fact that there is no rice in this recipe. I think it was probably originally added as a way to stretch a meal. Seriously, removing the rice makes no taste impact on the dish. Which is why my Italian Low Carb Keto Roasted Stuffed Peppers fits the bill nicely.
I chose to roast my peppers before stuffing them for added flavor. You can of certainly skip roasting your peppers if you so desire.
Let me know if you give our Italian Low Carb Keto Roasted Stuffed Peppers recipe a try. I always love hearing from you.
Looking for proven ways to stay committed to a low carb keto plan? Look no more! Allow me to introduce to you Keto//OS the first therapeutic ketone supplement that allows you to drink your ketones and put you into ketosis in under 59 minutes. You can now stay the course longterm with this amazing supplement. To be able to have ketosis on demand is simply a game-changer. I invite you to read more about the success we are seeing in our community group here.
For detail information on which plan can best suit your needs read more here.
Feel free to reach out to us with your questions about this lifestyle and how to best transition into a low carb keto diet.
Italian Low Carb Roasted Stuffed Peppers
Serving Size One Whole Stuffed Pepper
An easy recipe for Italian low carb stuffed peppers. Get all the flavor of stuffed peppers without all the carbs.
15 minPrep Time
45 minCook Time
1 hrTotal Time
- 5 large roasted bell peppers (I used a mixture of red and green peppers and roasted them over my gas stove)
- 2 pounds of lean ground beef
- 1 cup of parmesan cheese (½ cup to stir into the beef mixture, ½ cup to use as topping to the stuffed peppers
- 2 cups of mozzarella cheese
- ½ tablespoon of dried oregano
- ½ tablespoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon of sea salt
- ½ teaspoon of black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon of red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon of Italian seasoning mixture.
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon of onion powder
- 1 small onion diced
- 2 tablespoons of diced red and green peppers (I used the tops of the 5 peppers)
- Slice the peppers halfway and remove the seeds. Roast your peppers on a gas stove or broil for 5 minutes on high in the oven, turning halfway through the cooking.
- Create my homemade spaghetti sauce and set aside. The sauce I used was from my Low Carb Lasagna.
- Brown the ground beef and add all the ingredients minus the parmesan and mozzarella cheese. This will be the mixture you will use to stuff your peppers.
- In a large baking pan add a layer of sauce and then arrange the peppers side by side.
- Add the stuffing to each pepper and top with the parmesan and mozzarella cheese.
- Cover the dish with foil and bake for 30 minutes. Then uncover and allow the cheese to brown lightly for another 15 minutes.
Looking for the most affordable way to test your ketone levels? The Best Ketone Testhas finally made this possible.