Living in South Florida means you need to get extra creative if you want to start sharing low carb keto pumpkin recipes early in the season. It’s still really, really hot outside and although I can’t wait to start creating new pumpkin recipes, I needed to be practical. Which is why my keto pumpkin pie ice cream bites, are a great option right now.
Why I am seemingly always in a rush to see the fall arrive, is something of a mystery to me. Maybe it’s the idea of change that excites me, or perhaps all the lovely foods that this season brings. My guess is that it’s a combination of both. It really is my favorite season, even if I don’t see the seasons change much around these parts.
I decided that coming up with a keto ice cream bite with the flavors of pumpkin pie, was a great way to have a tiny treat that wouldn’t blow your macros. It has all the flavors of fall without the need of an oven. What’s more, I even gave these little morsels the idea of a little pie crust with the addition of the almond crust crumble.
You could certainly leave out the almond crumble, but it does make you feel like you are having a tiny bite of pumpkin pie. Because it’s a little ice cream treat, and they need to be stored in the freezer, it makes portion control much easier. A win in this girl’s book, since creating tasty recipes for you can push those macro limits over the edge for me sometimes. Note: These can be considered a fat-bomb because of their higher level of fat.
Have you been struggling to get into ketosis? Has it been a challenge to stay on a low carb keto diet? Allow us to introduce you to Keto//OS . It’s the first therapeutic exogenous ketone supplement. Do you know that you can now drink bio-identical ketones and enter into ketosis? Keto//OS is a state of the art supplement that raises blood ketones allowing you to enter into ketosis in under 60 minutes. You can actually test your ketones in less than an hour after drinking and see your ketone levels raise. Why is this powerful? Elevated ketones means you will see a major reduction in appetite, carb cravings, and sustained energy. This makes the low carb keto lifestyle a viable sustainable option.
I encourage you to watch this short 4 minute explainer video to learn the science behind Keto//OS
Wondering if Keto//OS is a supplement you should consider using on a low carb keto diet? Feel free to reach out to us with your questions regarding Keto//os and the keto lifestyle. Visit our testimonial page to see how the Fittoserve Group community is benefiting from this amazing technology.
Order you 15, 20, or 30 day serving of Keto//OS here
Keto Pumpkin Pie Ice Cream Bites
Serving Size 1
A delicious oven-free way to enjoy a keto friendly, low carb pumpkin pie treat and stay within your macros easily.
15 minPrep Time
45 minCook Time
1 hrTotal Time
- ¼ cup of almond flour
- 2 tablespoons of melted coconut oil or melted butter
- 2 teaspoons of sugar substitute I use Swerve
- ¼ teaspoon of pumpkin pie spice
- ¼ teaspoon of sea-salt
- 1 8 ounce package of cream cheese (room temperature)
- 1 cup of pumpkin puree
- 2 ½ teaspoons of unflavored gelatin
- 1 tablespoon of cold water
- 2 tablespoons of hot water
- ½ cup sugar substitute (I use Swerve)
- ½ teaspoon of vanilla
- 2 teaspoons of pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1 cup of heavy whipping cream
- In a small cup dissolve the gelatin by sprinkling it over the cold water.
- Add the hot water to the gelatin mixture and stir until completely dissolved and set aside.
- In a mixer beat the softened cream cheese, sugar substitute, pumpkin puree, vanilla and salt.
- To this pumpkin mixture slowly add the prepared gelatin and keep blending making sure it’s all well incorporated.
- Using a pastry bag pipe the pumpkin filling into a silicon mold of your choice. I used one that created two 21 ice cream bites.
- To the filled molds sprinkle the keto almond crumble to the tops of the molds.
- Allow the pumpkin pie bites to freeze solid. This could take as little as 30 minutes to an hour depending on your freezer setting.
- Once the keto pumpkin pie ice cream bites are frozen solid, unmold and keep them stored in the freezer.
- Melt the coconut oil or butter
- To the coconut oil add all the ingredients and stir with a fork.
- Sprinkle at the top of pumpkin pie ice cream treats before allowing them to freeze.