Are you missing your high carb macaroni and cheese on a low carb keto diet? Well, have I got a tasty and healthy solution for you! This healthy low carb cauliflower broccoli macaroni and cheese dish can stand alone as a main dish, or be served along-side your favorite protein.
Randy and I haven’t touched any form of pasta in close to four years, and frankly we don’t miss it. I know that sounds unimaginable for some of you. However, what I hope encourages you is that it’s coming from a girl who used to eat pasta several times a week, prior to turning to a low carb keto diet for better health and wellness.
Back when I was indoctrinated to think that eating low-fat was the only way to stay slim and healthy, I ate loads of pasta. Sadly, I was only making my gluten sensitivity worse and frankly ate way too little protein to be properly nourished. In fact, my iron levels were always extremely low and I required regular iron infusions in order to raise them.
It still never ceases to amaze me how God created our bodies with the ability to heal itself once you give it what it needs. My hemoglobin levels have been fabulous ever since I went low carb keto and have not needed any iron supplement in years.
But hey I get it, craving pasta until eating a low carb keto diet becomes a lifestyle can prove to be tricky. Which is why using vegetables as a pasta alternative makes so much sense. After-all what most people are missing isn’t the bland pasta but what accompanies it. What I love about using vegetables to take the place of pasta is that if cooked correctly, you can get the perfect mouth-feel that traditional pasta has without the massive amounts of carbs and loads more nutrition.
I assure you that you won’t miss your regular mac and cheese with this low carb macaroni and cheese option. For more delicious pasta alternative recipes checkout my Easy Low Carb Lasagna and Low Carb Bacon Carbonara Casserole Don’t let pasta cravings be the thing that gets you off track.
Are you looking for a solution that can effectively help you with your carb cravings? Constant carb cravings is probably the biggest challenge you encounter when you first decide to eat low carb keto. Which is why getting all the help you can makes so much sense.
Perhaps you’ve struggled to get into ketosis, or you have hit a plateau that doesn’t seem to budge. Consider using Keto//OS to naturally elevate your ketones. It will allow you to enter into ketosis quickly and thereby reduce your appetite, and carb cravings. Keto//OS makes the adaptation easier by teaching your body how to better use ketones for fuel.
Entering into ketosis by drinking exogenous ketones from Keto//OS makes the low carb keto lifestyle a viable sustainable option. We are seeing how this all natural supplement is helping so many in our Fittoserve Group Community achieve their goals easily.
Not familiar with exogenous ketones? I’ve written an extensive review about why we endorse Keto//OS here. My article may help answer your questions. Wondering how it works? Watch this short 4 minute explainer video to learn the science behind Keto//OS
Please feel free to reach out to me with your questions regarding Keto//OS and the keto lifestyle. I can even coach you for free when you make a 15, 20, or 30 day purchase.
For detail information on which plan can best suit your needs read more here.
When you choose to place your order of Keto//OS with us you help support the cost of running this blog. We are grateful for each and every affiliate order you place with us and thank you in advance for your support.
Low Carb Cauliflower Broccoli Macaroni and Cheese
Serving Size 1 cup
A low carb keto broccoli and cauliflower macaroni and cheese dish.
15 minPrep Time
1 hr, 10 Cook Time
1 hr, 25 Total Time
- 2 pints of heavy whipping cream
- ½ stick of unsalted butter ¼ cup
- 8 ounces of cream cheese
- 2 cups of shredded sharp cheddar cheese (reserve ½ cup for topping
- 5 ounces of fresh shredded parmesan cheese (reserve 2 ounces for topping)
- 1 medium head of broccoli (florets about 2 cups)
- 1 medium head of cauliflower (florets about 3 cups)
- 1 teaspoon of sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon of cayenne pepper or to taste
- Coarsely chop the fresh broccoli and cauliflower florets to resemble macaroni pasta set aside
- Steam cook the fresh broccoli and cauliflower florets being careful to not over-cook.
- Melt the butter in a large heavy sauce pan.
- Stir in the heavy whipping cream
- Add the cream cheese and stir until fully melted and incorporated
- Add 3 ounces parmesan cheese (reserve 2 ounces for the topping.
- Add 1 ½ cup of shredded sharp cheddar cheese (reserve the other ½ cup for topping)
- Stir in the salt, pepper, and cayenne pepper.
- Allow to cook on low to medium heat until the cheese sauce if fully incorporated and all the cheeses are fully melted.
- Add to the steamed broccoli and cauliflower add cheese sauce and cook for about 10 minutes on low, stirring constantly
- In a large buttered casserole pan add the faux broccoli and cauliflower mac and cheese.
- Top with 1/2 cup of shredded cheddar cheese and 2 ounces of fresh parmesan cheese.
- Bake at 350 for 45 minutes covered with foil.
- Broil for 5 minutes on high or until the top is nicely browned.