Keto Friendly Tiramisu Cake
Looking for a way to enjoy a classic dessert on your keto diet? Well, then this keto friendly tiramisu cake is a must try. No need to feel deprived while on a keto diet with a delicious recipe like this.
Like most recipes I convert to be low carb keto friendly, they start with a craving. This keto friendly tiramisu cake was no exception. In fact, I had been desiring a tiramisu dessert for a while now. Not willing to succumb to temptation, a healthy option needed to be birthed.
Keto Community Strong
Leave it to the amazing keto community to come up with several low carb tiramisu recipes. I am quite certain that I would have thoroughly enjoyed any number of them. However, this girl had to try her hand at converting this Italian favorite too and come up with a keto friendly tiramisu cake for you all to enjoy.
I must say that it’s easy to be inspired by the many lovely recipes the keto community comes up with. In my opinion, it’s the ingenuity and deep desire to support one another that is the glue to this growing community of sugar rebels.
Keto Living On The Rise
Today, when I tell people that I am on a low carb keto diet, I don’t get as many puzzled looks as I once did. I find that more and more people are becoming aware of the benefits of a ketogenic diet. Can I tell you that wasn’t the case for us in the beginning? It was a rare thing to find solid information on what has become a sustainable lifestyle for us.
Truth is we had a lot of people try to discourage Randy and I from doing a low carb keto diet. It wasn’t uncommon for us to hear a list of reasons why we should not embrace this lifestyle. We were warned that this path would lead to major health issues and that we needed to proceed with extreme caution.
Well, let’s just say that I am glad we didn’t listen to the nay-sayers. Don’t get me wrong, I am sure their intentions were good. They just didn’t have all the facts to base a well formulated decision on whether a keto diet had any merits.
Because we didn’t listen to the negativity, today Randy and I are thriving on this low carb keto way of eating. We traded our high carb ways for greater health and we have no intention of ever turning back.
Our Keto Transformation
It was at the end of 2013 that the Lord whispered in my ear that the key to our health transformation would come when we would leave the sugar and grains in our diets behind. You can read more about how transformative our decision to obey God was on our about page. Listening to the Holy Spirit’s prompting has resulted not only our health transformation, but today we have the honor of inspiring others to follow our lead.
I must admit that I love being part of this growing army of sugar rebels. Creating low carb keto options for this community has made me even more passionate about helping others. It is so rewarding to hear how our work is making it possible for people to step away from the junk that once had them enslaved.
Keto Trend On The Rise
Thankfully, more people are becoming aware of the benefits of eating a low carb keto diet. It seems that this trend is bound to keep growing. I truly believe that it all stems from the amazing testimonies of health that are coming forth from the low carb keto community. Of course it also doesn’t hurt that the keto community comes up with recipes like my keto friendly tiramisu cake to make things easier.
When we first embarked on this journey it used to be a rare thing to hear a doctor recommend a high-fat low carb diet. However, the health community has had no choice but to sit-up and take notice. Like us many are finding greater health by adapting this way of eating.
You just can’t ignore the major transformations that people are having. All you need to do is google keto transformations and the flood of stories are readily available to encourage you. Being in ketosis is so much more than the ability to lose fat easily. Our prayer is that our journey will continue to inspire others to dive deeper into the growing evidence behind this lifestyle.
Ending The Year Right
I wanted to end the year with a dessert that was a little more festive than my normal offerings. Usually, my desserts are extremely simple and trust me this will continue to be the case. After all, I know that’s one of the reasons you have chosen to follow our blog. With that being said, my keto friendly tiramisu cake will require a few more steps, but I assure you that it will be worth the little extra effort.
Trying to keep things simple I decided not to make low carb lady fingers for my keto friendly tiramisu cake. Although a true classic tiramisu dessert starts with either a very dry sponge cake or lady fingers, this would require more work. So instead I thought of using my Low Carb Cream Cheese Pound Cake to take the place of the lady fingers. In order to create the classic looking shape of tiramisu, I baked my low carb cream cheese pound cake in a flat jelly roll pan and then sliced the cake to look like lady fingers.
Products from Amazon.com‹ ›
If you still haven’t tried my low carb cream cheese pound cake, now is a good a time as any 😉 Using my cream cheese pound cake for my keto friendly tiramisu cake, turned out to be a great idea.
In keeping with my philosophy that cooking low carb keto should not require hard to come by ingredients, I substituted the mascarpone cheese for a cream cheese and sour cream combo in my keto friendly tiramisu cake. Not only did I spare you the hassle of looking for mascarpone cheese, but it’s way more economical.
At least in Miami I tried in three different supermarkets searching for mascarpone cheese to no avail. If locating mascarpone is not nearly as challenging for you, feel free to use it instead. Just omit the cream cheese and sour cream combo.
In conclusion, eating a low carb keto plan should be deliciously easy in my book. Which is why I am hoping my keto friendly tiramisu cake will convince you that you are on the right path.
Keto Friendly Tiramisu Cake
Serving Size 1 slice
25 minPrep Time
8 hr, 30 Cook Time
8 hr, 55 Total Time
- 2 ½ cups almond flour
- 1 ½ cups of Swerve sugar substitute or other sugar substitute of choice
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp of sea salt
- 8 eggs
- 7 oz cream cheese
- 8 tablespoons of softened butter
- 2 tsp of vanilla
- 8 egg yolks
- 3/4 cup of sugar substitute I use Swerve
- 1/4 tsp of sea salt
- 9 ounces of mascarpone cheese or a combination of 8 ounces of cream cheese and 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 cups of heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup of espresso coffee or strong coffee
- 4 tablespoons of dark rum or 1 teaspoon of rum extract
- 1/2 cup of cocoa powder to sprinkle on the bottom and top layers of each tiramisu
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In a large stand-up mixer bowl beat on high the butter with the sugar substitute until light and fluffy and well incorporated.
- Next add the cream cheese and vanilla and mix well.
- Add the eggs one at a time making sure to mix well after each addition.
- Lastly, add all the dry ingredients until well combined.
- Spread the batter to a large jelly roll pan that has been lined in parchment paper.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes until golden brown on top.
- Allow to cool fully and then slice into 1X3 inch slices to mimic the ladyfingers.
- In a small mixing bowl beat the egg yolks, sugar substitute, until thick and turns lemon colored.
- Place the small bowl with the egg mixture in a double boiler over water that is gently boiling.
- Lower the heat to simmer.
- Cook the egg mixture for 9-10 minutes making sure to mix constantly.
- Remove from heat.
- Add the mascarpone cheese or the cream cheese sour cream mixture to the egg mixture
- In a medium size bowl beat the heavy whipping cream until stiff peaks form.
- Gently fold the egg mixture into the whipped cream.
- Set aside.
- *This makes two 9x5 inch loaf pans of tiramisu
- Divide the sliced cake in half in order to make the two tiramisu. This is about 15 pieces per loaf
- Combine the espresso and rum and set aside
- Sprinkle a layer of cocoa powder using a strainer/sifter to bottom of both 9 X5 inch loaf pans
- Place a layer of the cake into each loaf pan.
- Coat the first layer of cake with the coffee and rum mixture using a pastry brush.
- Spread 1/4 of the custard over the layer of cake
- Repeat the layers of cake and custard ending with the custard.
- Top with a generous coating of cocoa powder using a strainer/sifter
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 8 hours or overnight
This recipe uses double the low carb cream cheese pound cake baked in a large jelly loaf pan to create the lady fingers. The recipe makes two 9X5 tiramisu
Ketogenic Lifestyle Tool
If you have been struggling to get into ketosis and it has been a challenge to stay on a low carb keto diet. Can I introduce you to Keto//OS . It’s the first therapeutic exogenous ketone supplement.
Do you know that you can now drink bio-identical ketones and enter into ketosis?
Keto//OS is a state of the art supplement that raises blood ketones allowing you to enter into ketosis in under 60 minutes. You can actually test your ketones in less than an hour after drinking and see your ketone levels raise. Why is this powerful? Elevated ketones means you will see a major reduction in appetite, carb cravings, and sustained energy. This makes the low carb keto lifestyle a viable sustainable option.
I’ve written an extensive article about why we endorse Keto//OS here. Wondering about the science behind it? Watch this short 4 minute explainer video .
You can read more about the emerging science behind supplementation on The Ketogenic Bible, it’s a great resource detailing all the information you need when it comes to supplementing with ketones and the diet.
Products from Amazon.com
Price: $27.68Was: $39.95
For detail information on which Keto//os plan can best suit your needs read more here.
When you choose to order from any of our affiliate links we want you to know that you help support the cost of running our blog. It’s my goal to always share the easiest and most delicious keto recipes with you, as well as proven tips to assist.
Know that I am grateful for each and every affiliate order you place and thank you for your support and encouragement in advance.