Low Carb LCHF Cheesecake Fat Bombs!

keto cheesecake fat bomb

If you’re eating a low carb keto diet, chances are you probably already understand that your main source of energy should come from fat. A true Ketogenic diet’s macros looks something like this, 75% fat 20% protein and 5% carbs.

But let’s face it, adding high fat snacks can prove to be a little tricky. This is where fat bombs come to the rescue. These tasty morsels come especially handy when you just need a little something to tie you over or to help reduce sugar cravings.

Fat bombs help raise your ketone levels. When your body burns fat for fuel instead of glucose, it’s important to have enough dietary fat in your diet.  Think of  fat bombs as a tool to fan the flame.  If you don’t have enough fat to fuel your metabolism you can experience a stall.

This of course is the case when being strict on a keto plan. Otherwise, adding more dietary fat along with bad carbs spells disaster. Why? Because high fat and high carbs can never co-exsist, when joined they cause havoc in the body. It’s the carbs that make your body store the fat. Dietary fat alone is not the culprit.

When I make my fat bombs I keep them in the freezer. It’s the perfect snack when I need a little something for extra energy. They are especially great as pre-workout snack. Due keep in mind that fat bombs are not a license to binge. I wouldn’t have more than two a day because they are high in calories.

There are two camps when it comes to counting calories in a ketogenic diet. Some who track every macro and others who simply let their hunger guide them. I recommend you  test what works best for you.

I am somewhere in-between on this topic. The truth is, you need to see how your body reacts, since everyone is different. We don’t count our macros at home. Randy lost 82 and is at his goal weight without ever counting them.

Since I am happy with my weight and eat this way for the health benefits, I also don’t stress about my macros and simply eat when hungry and don’t when not. However, if any weight starts to creep up I begin to keep an eye out. Like I said, do what works for you.

We just never want our eating to become a chore. It’s a lifestyle for us, so it’s important we keep things simple.

UPDATE:

This is the same original recipe just with an updated picture. I hope you will continue to enjoy.

Cheesecake Fat Bombs

Ingredients:

1 pkg. 8oz of softened cream cheese

1 stick 1/2 cup of softened butter

1/2 tsp. of vanilla

1/4 cup of  swerve or other sugar substitute

3 tbs. of coconut oil

mini-muffin wrappers (to place the bombs in) or silicon mold

Directions:

In a stand-up mixer beat the cream cheese until light and fluffy. Next add the softened butter, sugar substitute, vanilla and coconut oil. Mix well until well combined. Pipe into small cupcake liners or silicon mold. Place in freezer for an hour to firm up. Keep them stored in the freezer. Note that these will melt at room temperature.

Optional: Before adding the cream cheese mixture to the mold and a sliced black berry, or any other seasonal berry of your choice.

Enjoy in good health!

If you’re having difficulty raising your ketones despite using fat bombs, perhaps Keto//OS can be the solution. Maybe you just can’t wrap your head around consuming high levels of fat? If this is the case, Keto//OS may be just what you’re looking for. Why? Because new technology now allows you to drink ketones and raise your ketone level in less than 60 minutes. Watch the video below and let us know if you are interested in trying a 5 day trial.

Advertisements

37 thoughts on “Low Carb LCHF Cheesecake Fat Bombs!

1. Dot2Trot says:

Reblogged this on Dot to Trot and commented:
    I’ve looked for ways to add more fat to my diet (I eat low carb/high fat) and have wanted to try a “fat bomb” for a while. This recipe from Fit To Serve looks simple to make and I have all the ingredients at home. This weekend I plan to make 2 batches — one as is and the 2nd using either maple, lemon or peppermint extract. Yum.

Liked by 1 person

2. claire says:

Sounds delicious, want to try it.
    I have a question though as I’ve yet to find a purely natural sugar substitute other than honey or maple syrup which don’t work in some things as they tend to be more runny. Synthetic substitutes are all highly dangerous to health ( safer using sugar!). I haven’t heard of the one you mentioned is that also synthetically made?

Liked by 1 person

3. heyjude6119 says:

I have heard of fat bombs for a while. I joined a low carb high fat group on facebook 18 months ago when I first started to try cutting carbs. I never tried the fat bombs though, but thinking this might be a good thing for me to have on hand. I have a real problem with hunger and maybe this would help curb that.

Liked by 1 person

4. Jennifer says:

I added up the ingredients on spark people, I had to add surkin melis sugar substitute and it didn’t have an option of selecting the carbs were sugar alcohols.
    It came out to 1712 calories for the batch, 42g carbs, 184g fat, 18g protein
    I used 8 cupcake liners although I may cut these in 1/2s or. 1/3rds
    So for each that woul be 214 calories, 5.25 carbs, 23g fat, 2.25g protein
    So for 1/2 the size I made its
    107 cal, 2.625g carbs, 11.5g fat, 1.125g protein.
    I also blended this in a Vitamix because it’s easier for me to clean and pour into containers.

Liked by 1 person

5. Lynda says:

In this recipe, is this liquid sweetener or powered (I have both and not sure which to use). I see these comments are mostly 2 years old, do you still answer comments on this recipe?

• fittoservegroup says:

Hi Kathy, I am glad you enjoyed them. I don’t post the nutritional value on most because I can’t find an easy way to do so and it would take me very long to do so. If you find an easy app I would be more than happy to do so. 😉

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s